So I have had this idea for a long time now. It hasn't worked out very well, but I can't let it die.
Heaven help me.
I have one of those fountains that you can put on a table top-you know what I'm talking about, with smooth rocks or some sort of waterfall. I decided that if I turn that thing on in Corbin/Brody's room at night, it would totally
a) drown out the noise of any stirring that takes place,
b) soothe them to sleep, and,
c) condition them to sleep when they weren't even tired!
I know, I'm amazing.
I tried it with Isaac when he was young, (the poor thing had a fan running in his room even throughout the winter).
I tried it with Jackson ( the wombsounds bear is a lie).
I tried it with Corbin when he was little ( the "white noise" sound machine only lasted for three minutes, then turned itself off!).
Why do I insist on continuing this ridiculous experiment? Because I have a dream that a child will one day fall fast asleep at the drop of a hat. If I have to have ten more babies to do it, I will.

Just kidding. That would be awful.
Horizontal stripes are so unflattering...
Classical conditioning.
( I think the only one conditioned here is me)
The point is, I was up with Brody waaaaay too late last night.
If only there was a sound...
Heaven help me.
I have one of those fountains that you can put on a table top-you know what I'm talking about, with smooth rocks or some sort of waterfall. I decided that if I turn that thing on in Corbin/Brody's room at night, it would totally
a) drown out the noise of any stirring that takes place,
b) soothe them to sleep, and,
c) condition them to sleep when they weren't even tired!
I know, I'm amazing.
I tried it with Isaac when he was young, (the poor thing had a fan running in his room even throughout the winter).
I tried it with Jackson ( the wombsounds bear is a lie).
I tried it with Corbin when he was little ( the "white noise" sound machine only lasted for three minutes, then turned itself off!).
Why do I insist on continuing this ridiculous experiment? Because I have a dream that a child will one day fall fast asleep at the drop of a hat. If I have to have ten more babies to do it, I will.
Just kidding. That would be awful.
Horizontal stripes are so unflattering...
Classical conditioning.
( I think the only one conditioned here is me)
The point is, I was up with Brody waaaaay too late last night.
If only there was a sound...
4 comments:
That is too funny. I thought when I started reading that you were going to say they got up and threw the rocks in the night or something. That is what my kids would have done. We are total fan people because of Rob. When we go anywhere to sleep I take one of our little loud fans. It is so sad.
i have done the fan thing. this baby just has to fall asleep on his own, though. and learn to sleep through noise. not so good at it sometimes, but most of the time it is okay. i can't wait to have a basement in a house again, so i can send the troops down there. even if will wakes up though, man, he just has to cry. i am tough love baby!!(okay, i break sometimes and go and say, its night night will, and give him loves) i am not a total cold-hearted mom.
i have an empty vaporizor running under adelle's bed. the thing is worthless except for the little hum it makes. i don't know if it helps her sleep or if it blocks noise, but NO ONE can convince me to turn it off. sleeping children are gold!!!
you crack me up, kp.
just call it a day and dose them all up with some cold medicine. out like a light, baby. out like a light.
Post a Comment