Today has been a good day. Here is why.
1) I went to Costco today. I wish I could live there. I am elated to fill up my freezer, pantry and fridge. Mysteriously, my children seem to contract outlandish apetites when we go. Strange. They routinely require a serving of everything I bought upon the three hours following their deposit into my kitchen. ( One of these kids, Riley, is only our honorary kid for one day a week. We love him.)
Get back, you rabid dogs...! Get back!
2) It isn't just a dream, it is possible. I am officially caught up with the laundry. I wash one or two loads a day, put it away, and that is all.
Dreams really do come true.
3) For dinner tonight: flank steak marinated in Mr. Yoshida's. MMM. Meat. (of course, to be barbequed by the man), Spring Mix salad, jasmine rice, and strawberries.
I know, right?
4) Sadly, we had dinner plans with our friends, and a sitter lined up. I came home, ready for a night out only to find my little Corbin had emtied his stomach onto my freshly vaccuumed carpet. Ug. Cancel dinner, plan on a week of puke. But! My children are not throwing up as expected.
Hooray for immune systems!!
5) The saw the sun shine today. No--not the sign, the sun shine.
(Although, ace of base does rock my world)
6) And finally, I felt a pang of sadness as my eight year old left the house for school today. This is proof that I have officially forgiven his horrid behavior over spring break.
(I always am greatful to like my children on occasion)
You may now make rude comments because you are seething with jealousy. :)
Now, for updates on kids. You may move on.
Isaac- Mad that he missed the deadline for karate sign up. Getting excited for the pool this summer. We read every night before bed, and Isaac has shown really great improvement. Thinks it's okay to brush his teeth without toothpaste in the morning because he can still taste is from last night. Gross.
Jackson- starts soccer next month. Addicted to Star Wars Legos on the playstation. We hope it's a phase. Loves his cousin Jayden to death. Finally likes what we eat for dinner- a little more.He is, to our relief, slowly getting sick of pasta. He is very social and thrives when surrounded by friends. Kindergarten in the fall!
Corbin- tells me he has to go potty, then yells at me when I walk him to the bathroom because he doesn't want to go use it. He continues to baffle everyone around him with his antics. He got accepted into the developmental lab at U of I!
He has a lot to say, and continues to be a gentle, and pleasant friend to most.
Brody- Into everything! Won't eat what I put on his tray, but when finally released from the highchair, he wants to eat my food-which is always the same as his. He laughs at random sounds around the house, like an ice cream scoop removing the ice cream, or a sneeze. He is a great napper, not such a great passenger.
2 comments:
um, dinner plans with friends? funny, because i didn't have dinner plans with friends, so how could you?
Kristine...you crack me up!
It is still hard for me to believe that next year Corbin and Dom will be in school together at the UI. I know Dom is really going to miss Jackson, but am sure he will love seeing Corbin! (He still ask DAILY if he can come over to your house and play with your kids!)
Post a Comment