Sunday, March 22, 2009

The only pictures I took this week

If you give a kid a stick...



Does this grass make you think Spring? I didn't think so.


Hallelujah, Spring break has come to an end.
I want to write a sweet post about how I loved my children till they felt it, but instead,
I am going to be honest.
It hurts to take four wild boys anywhere.
It hurts that the sun hardly shone.
It hurts that the life has been sucked out of me.
Does anyone else out there feel like this equation is their life sentence?

Mom=food
food=more dishes, more laundry, more shopping, more pent up energy, more arguments for sugar.

If mom=food, and food= work, then mom=work.

Sorry. I wish I had a more pleasant outlook tonight.
Alas, now I need a spring break.

On the good side, they were all in bed by seven and none of them pronounced hatred for me.
There is a chance they may even like me.

This is what Brody does when I try to hold him facing out.
I feel so popular.




3 comments:

ashley said...

i hear ya. it is a lot of work...just like you recognized the joy of 7pm bedtime and the fact that they still love you is something to find joy in. i used to struggle with what i thought was the stupidest saying, aren't children such a joy...I used to say, What the h... you talking about. But I can honestly say i have found it now. while there are hard times, it is finding those moments in them that are fun and happy that make it seem okay. I am glad you vent it though, that makes us realize that we are human and normal and it is A OKAY!! I also feel like i need a break after the break. luckily 2 kids are in school all day and 1 is in preschool a few days. that helps give me a break. i think i appreciate the times when they are home a little bit more.

the wrath of khandrea said...

you need to buy a trampoline. make sure it has a net so you can leave them unattended and they won't bother you with pleas to take them to the ER for their broken bones.

or send them to jump on ours. you can probably see it from your back yard.

the wrath of khandrea said...

wait, here's an even better idea. stand in your backyard and look down at our trampoline with your boys. tell them things like "the kids at that house must be REALLY good because their parents bought them a trampoline." or try "the kids at that house must be super quiet and reverent at home, and that's why their parents bought them a trampoline." or if you must, "maybe if you guys were as well-behaved as the kids at that house, you would have a trampoline too."

seriously. it'll work.