I start to get the shakes around dinner time.
Not from hunger.
Not from exhaustion.
Not because I am lugging twenty pounds of baby all the time.
Mostly because I know I am gearing up for a battle.
These dang kids won't eat anything!
I search and search for new recipes that are"kid friendly".
Nope, forget it, blehh.
I have been said to be a great cook.
Liars all.
You don't have to eat it, but you don't get any sweets if you can't finish that.
How many bites do I have to eat? Every last one on your plate!!!
They get their debating abilities from their Dad.
Exceptional arguers.
Will you feed it to me? ( this-from my five year old!)
UUUG. patooey.
I get a lot of that.
Not from hunger.
Not from exhaustion.
Not because I am lugging twenty pounds of baby all the time.
Mostly because I know I am gearing up for a battle.
These dang kids won't eat anything!
I search and search for new recipes that are"kid friendly".
Nope, forget it, blehh.
I have been said to be a great cook.
Liars all.
You don't have to eat it, but you don't get any sweets if you can't finish that.
How many bites do I have to eat? Every last one on your plate!!!
They get their debating abilities from their Dad.
Exceptional arguers.
Will you feed it to me? ( this-from my five year old!)
UUUG. patooey.
I get a lot of that.
2 comments:
That is the exact dialogue that goes on at my dinner table. Last night I heard "I don't like it." I responded, "You haven't even tried it, how do you know you don't like it?" Response, "It's brown." I can't win. Even when I remind them that chicken nuggets are also brown. I say that in Montana, we eat only broccoli and beans. At least they aren't brown...and think how regular everyone would be.
Agreed! Mine will only eat things that are dunked in sugar first. Yum. But seriously, we need to talk. Are we bringing our own food into the place? I was thinking about going all molly mormon on you, and baking a bunch of loaves of bread for sandwiches, french toast, garlic bread...etc. I can't remember what we did last time. I can make it 100% whole wheat if you want brown food, tears, and regular bowels. We aim to please!
Post a Comment