We went to the Lilac parade in Spokane on Saturday. I saw more barefoot people in the ladies room than I care to count.
Bleh.
I also witnessed a multitude of queens,tissue paper, and believe it or not, delorians. That's right doc. the best part : high school bands.
I'm a big fan of such ballads as "Centerfold", and "Hey Baby".
On a serious note, there were a lot of soldiers who marched for the parade. I guess it's good to make people aware of those who fought for our country, but it felt strange to be whooping it up for the mini motorcycle gang, then see the mood change as the soldier's widow float rolled slowly by. It took most a few seconds to realize what we were seeing. The wives' float was followed by an enterouge of family members carrying huge posters of their loved ones that were lost in the recent war.
It was heart wrenching.
It was bitterweet to be there participating in what I perceive to be a very American display, complete with lawn chairs lined up, cotton candy, and teen beauty queens. I suppose these simple traditions are part of why those men and women fight.
I'm grateful.
And now for pictures...
Ahhh, the piehole. So demanding...

The kids rode the gondola ride over Spokane river.
Jackson hates heights...a chip off the old block!!
At least he had Matt.
High fives from the military...very important to Corbin.
Almost as important as high fives from the roller skating eagle...
Who knows what's going on here. I think he's doing dances for onlookers..happily, he hasn't reached that phase of embarrassment yet.
It won't be long now...
Bleh.
I also witnessed a multitude of queens,tissue paper, and believe it or not, delorians. That's right doc. the best part : high school bands.
I'm a big fan of such ballads as "Centerfold", and "Hey Baby".
On a serious note, there were a lot of soldiers who marched for the parade. I guess it's good to make people aware of those who fought for our country, but it felt strange to be whooping it up for the mini motorcycle gang, then see the mood change as the soldier's widow float rolled slowly by. It took most a few seconds to realize what we were seeing. The wives' float was followed by an enterouge of family members carrying huge posters of their loved ones that were lost in the recent war.
It was heart wrenching.
It was bitterweet to be there participating in what I perceive to be a very American display, complete with lawn chairs lined up, cotton candy, and teen beauty queens. I suppose these simple traditions are part of why those men and women fight.
I'm grateful.
And now for pictures...
Jackson hates heights...a chip off the old block!!
At least he had Matt.
Almost as important as high fives from the roller skating eagle...
It won't be long now...
No comments:
Post a Comment