Dear Mom,
Thanks for bein' who you are, and doin' whatcha do. I love ya.
Here's why.
First and foremost, you never, ever, EVER said
"I told you so".
You never dispensed advice without request ( even then, it is difficult to get).
You never put your family down.
You rarely say no when asked by others for help.
You are humble-despite the fact that you're extremely intelligent.
You are one of those gals who could have been a success at anything, but chose to be at home with your kids instead.
You are sensitive to other's feelings, but never manipulate.
You are an awesome cook, but never toot your own horn.
You pay attention to the little things, but never pry.
I'm proud and lucky to be your daughter.
When people ask me about you, I say...
She taught me to set worthy goals...
She taught me how to have some good clean fun...
She loves my dad...
She appreciates the simple things in life...
she taught me to cook and always provided me with great recipes...
she took care of my loved ones when I had my babies...again, and again, and again, and again...
she forced me to graduate against my will...
Thanks for bein' who you are, and doin' whatcha do. I love ya.
Here's why.
First and foremost, you never, ever, EVER said
"I told you so".
You never dispensed advice without request ( even then, it is difficult to get).
You never put your family down.
You rarely say no when asked by others for help.
You are humble-despite the fact that you're extremely intelligent.
You are one of those gals who could have been a success at anything, but chose to be at home with your kids instead.
You are sensitive to other's feelings, but never manipulate.
You are an awesome cook, but never toot your own horn.
You pay attention to the little things, but never pry.
I'm proud and lucky to be your daughter.
When people ask me about you, I say...
She taught me to set worthy goals...
She taught me how to have some good clean fun...
She loves my dad...
She appreciates the simple things in life...
she taught me to cook and always provided me with great recipes...
she took care of my loved ones when I had my babies...again, and again, and again, and again...
she forced me to graduate against my will...She loves my kids.
6 comments:
that was very sweet!
oh, btw, i made my blog private, so if you want send me an email and i will invite you. thanks ash@utre.net
WHAT? you didn't want to graduate? jeeze. now i'm going to have to get judgemental on you.
hmm, now i am going to have to make one. let's see what dirt i can rouse up!!! oh mom, you never knew what you had coming.
Oh You get your cooking from your mom? hmmmm maybe I want to be your mom's friend too? Does she make cookies? I love you I wouldn't trade you for anything! Happy Mothers Day!-n
Okay, so I really did force you to graduate. As all mothers say.... someday you'll thank me for this! Thanks for the undeserved compliments. Love you too much!
Post a Comment