Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Break me off a piece of that...

This picture is old, our baby is now almost
5 months old.
I see this picture
and feel
a little sad that he is no longer a
newborn.
Here are some things I want to remember about him a few months from now.


First and foremost:
This baby is glorious!
I am pretty sure he will never recognize me when he grows up
because I am always smashing my face into his neck.
He only knows me so close up that he can only see
my giant eye.
I love seeing,
smelling,
squeezing, him.
Eating his face.
He is pretty great from afar too.
I am constantly trying to bury my nose into his fuzzy heater head.
His crazy windmill arms and legs are full speed throughout the day.
If I put him in the tub he would swim the backstroke around and around.
He has mutilated his lovely forehead with his precious fingernails of late,
so I finally resorted to biting the little suckers off.
He was confused,
but used to me mauling him.
He drools a mile a minute.
Everything he comes into contact with gets covered
in "baby juice".
I have given myself in to a wet right shoulder.
Sometimes more than wet.
If he gets a hold of your hands,
Heaven help you.
Here he is a few moments after he was born.
Doesn't it just give you the urge to nuzzle?

My favorite thing?
My laughter makes him laugh.
Then when he laughs, I crack up.
When I was a kid my mom's laughter
was the most blissful thing our home could experience.
Now, it's the baby whose laughter brings us to life.

5 comments:

Emily said...

Your posts are always so happy. And yes, I want to nuzzle too. My baby is 1 yr old and I sooo miss the days she actually let me squash my face into her neck!

mumovearls said...

I love your GIANT EYE!-Nena

Koch Clan said...

He is so cute. My kids loved him. I was surprised that Jude was so into him. I want to steal him! He is so cute and a good baby. I am so happy to be close to you and steph again.

Anna said...

DOn't show me those pictures,it makes me baby hungry. Although, it would be a huge adjustment because my kids sleep (mostly) through the night and are potty trained.

Maria said...

Hey there Christine. Your posts are always so funny, and they make me want to notice the things you notice. You are so awesome! I need to call you guys, and CANNOT find your number in my book or listed. Can you email me with your phone number? super5150@msn.com