Our family went to the fruit orchard at Washington State University last Saturday. We picked golden delicious apples for 60 cents a pound! What a steal! It's a good thing they were cheap because we kept trying to leave and one kid would say
" wait! Just a couple more!"
Then,as expected, the whole dang brood of kids would run back to the trees and pick 'just a couple more'.
Needless to say, we ended up with lots of apples. I made pie, of course, and canned a bunch of pie filling-great for apple crisp, pie, ice cream topping...etc.
I still have a box and a half left, so maybe today I will make applesauce. Yummy!
I love apple orchards.
1 comment:
Bishop's Orchards in Garfield sells goldens for 25 cents a pound plus you can press your own cider for $4 a gallon! Just something for you to think about for next year. Be glad to show you the way!
Post a Comment