Sunday, October 26, 2008

We have a winner!!!

Grandma came to visit us for a few days this weekend. She is so fun.
Over 70 years, and she still takes the boys to the
arcade,

( you know-play a little of the 'ol air hockey)

out to lunch

,makes noodles with them,
reads,
watches movies,
attends school events
and even buys them

scooby doo undies!




Corbin has been using the potty for a while, but I thought it would be

premature to get him underwear because his diapers were always wet. Then

along comes my very wise mother in law, and TA DAH! She buys him some underwear.
Lo and Behold!-
he finds the "secret pocket" and he is sold.
It is so funny to hear him announce to the world his newfound skill.

He even likes to flash everyone to show what's inside. Yikes!

(This could be a legal issue...)

4 comments:

Rob and Lori said...

Rob really loves his "secret pocket" too. He can carry chapstick, the remote control...

Koch Clan said...

I am laughing so hard! Gabe never even uses that hole and he has been potty trained for 3+ years! So funny. I will call tonight about Thursday. I am coming for sure to run a few errands. Call steph too. It woudl be fun to get together if it works.

Deb said...

i found your blog through maria's (she's my sis-in-law) and i was just going to read through a few posts and slink away, but i just had to say your boys sound like mine! (i have three sons, 6 and under) especially corbin!

my jared is recently potty trained and has the same flashing issue... last time he threw something at his little brother, he cheerfully went through the ritual of time-out, apologies, and hugs, even threw in an extra kiss without caring one bit! maybe it's just 3-year-olds?

and my oldest likes to take things apart too, he would love to take apart a printer.

and i could totally relate to your list of things about yourself, except for the baking, which i have never figured out how to do.

and this is probably the longest comment from a stranger you've ever gotten. :)

gogokari said...

I'm impressed. I don't think Brock has ever even made the connection. He probably just thinks I buy him cheap underwear:)