Tuesday, October 14, 2008

We went to pick apples last Saturday at the wsu orchard, pictures are coming soon! Until then...

Alright Nena- I have been tagged to post seven random facts about me, so here ya go...

1. I love to bake-always have. I like to think I am especially good at sweets, but mostly, I just enjoy making food and sharing it with those around me. Ever since I was twelve I remember bringing pies to my neighbors or bread to my friends or cookies to school and decorating cakes or cupcakes for birthdays.
Here is a picture of me chasing my children out of the kitchen with a knife.



2. I am a big cry baby. I can handle rejection or unkindness, but I feel sympathy for other's pain so much that I oftentimes cry. Wierd eh? I also cry easy when I talk about my great family or how lucky I am to have such wonderful people in my life. Here is my favorite person to cry about.




3. I have a really hard time saying no. I am a sucker for most any favor you ask.
For example, when my son asks if he can blow these little white thingys all over the lawn, I say of course! ( Why ruin his childhood by saying no?)


4. I always say how happy I am to have boys (and I am), and how I feel relieved not to have any girls, but secretly, I want a little girl. I am done having kids, so I just get to love the little girls that my friends and family have.

5. I talk in my sleep. I reveal secrets, talk about gibberish and nonsense-tell jokes, sometimes laugh. My husband and mother can tell if I am really awake or asleep-they say if I am nice, I must be asleep. Whatt???!!
This is what I look like awake ( not nice)...


6. I hate social events. I would be happy to just be a hermit the rest of my life. If my husband and I are ever going to go to a family reunion, trip, church event, etc, I try to start a fight and make that an excuse not to go. He has kinda figured out my evil plans and laughs it off every time now. ( I am going to have to come up with some other sort of way to get out of social commitments...I am open to any suggestions!).

7. I hate shoes. I like to feel the grass, pavement and dirt on my feet. Snow, not so much (that is the hardest part of winters).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Kristine, you are definitely not the only cry baby out there. Every time I read your blog, and I see my cousins, and aunt and uncle, I cry...maybe bawl. Maybe I'm homesick, but maybe it's just because you guys make me so happy. Say hi to the boys for me.
Love,
Jennifer

gogokari said...

Fun post! I couldn't help but notice all your canned fruit in the background of your picture. Wow! I think I need to do an internship at the Prestwhich kitchen.

Koch Clan said...

I would have to agree with those. I remember the talking in your sleep. So funny. You are an amazing baker! I miss your yummy treats but it looks like I can enjoy them again soon. The kids and I will be in washington late sunday night so we should get together sometime in the next few weeks. I know you can't say no so we will totally get together ;) And I have a picture of your mom holding a knive as well from my visit to texas. Too funny.

mumovearls said...

Reading this made me miss you so much! The picture of you chasing children with a knife would be when Mikkel pulled a whole fryer full of oil off your counter, (hahaha I'm laughing as I type!) THere was oil all over your counter, floor, kitchen... everywhere!... I felt so bad at the time but now I'm laughing thinking about it! Can we do a bake off this year and exchange yummies? I want to request a few favorites!
There was a reason we became good friends lets hang out again!-nena

Jules said...

I also was tagged by a friend--I've been dreading it--Maybe it's a fear of too much self analysing. That said, however, I loved reading yours. I sure wish you still lived next door. --and just fyi--I almost did say yes, just to freak you out for a second. Hee Hee hee! --Julie

Anna said...

Cute post. I didn't know anything about any of those things about you! Who knew that you didn't like public events? You're funny/.