No- we have not been swallowed up in a hurricane/tornado/flood...etc. We have, on the other hand, been busy recovering from a very eventful summer. From Fourth of July Parties to family visiting to boys camping and keeping touch with those who have been ill and my family reunion, swim lessons, new born baby, road trips and church responsibilities keeping us busy, we have been a little out of touch with reality. Our deepest apologies. Honestly, the lovely baby is the real culprit for our lack of keeping you posted. He is so sweet and fun- but a little spoiled and prefers to be held most of the time. This makes typing hard as you might imagine. He does sleep through the night though, which is totally worth all the grueling days of parenting. Grueling might be a little harsh. I am taking a while to get used to the idea of having four kids. The joys of this new addition certainly outweigh the negatives, but there is some adjustment that has to take place before I feel like myself again. I'm coming around.
So- the update for now is just that we are getting back into the swing of things with school back in session. Isaac is now a 2nd grader-sniffle- and Jackson is in his last year of preschool(tear). Corbin is gearing up to go next year. The house is pretty quiet without our big boys around.
Dad is still working hard at SEL but his real pride is the lawn that has grown in so nicely this summer. It really is a sight to behold. Underground sprinklers beat dragging the hose around the yard any day, that's for sure. David has been able to do quite a bit of golfing this summer-which is really good for him considering the stress he has to deal with every day. He is trying to cvonvince me of his talents on the green, but I have yet to even understand any of the nonsense. I just smile and nod (the true measure of a good wife).
The boys have four aunts on David's side-most of you know,and boy do they like to spoil these guys. Thanks to them, Isaac has a new motorcycle. It would be a dream come true for any child to have just one, but our little angel has two. Sheesh. He wants to bring it to school for show and tell, but his mom is too embarrassed to show her face. Everytime we go to visit any of them the boys come home with all sorts of new things-bubbles, watches, raisins, games, motorcycles, candy (of course), lovely memories of firestations and swimming pools, and movies and legos and all that their little hearts desire. Mom is going to have to crack the whip to keep the balance right? Anyone?
Corbin is truly two. He is hilarious, but also very strong willed. He won't take no for an answer, and ends up throwing a few more fits than his brothers ever did- but we can deal with it ok. He is very loving lately, and can't seem to get enough hugs. He is half way potty trained too- so we gotta love that.
Jackson, our tender hearted little guy has been perfecting the balancing of his scooter all summer. He is actually getting pretty good. He likes to ride down the hill on our block as fast as he can and take a dive onto our lawn. It is pretty funny.
Isaac has stuck a bunch of flashlights on his motorcycle and when we took it to the park the other day, he pointed out that his little brothers had done it and that it was so embarrassing. What a goof. He is definately the age where he wants to play kid stuff, but appear to be an adult. He is always telling me that he is not a little kid anymore. How sad.
Brody is starting to smile and have little conversations with us. Jackson can't keep his hands of the little bundle. He is kicking and cooing, and loves to be lugged around in the sling. I am pretty confident he is our last, so I am trying to soak up all the loves and cuddles as much as I can. While he is fun to cuddle, he is also our little sweater- and not the pullover sort. He likes to leave his mark-Shall we say? Only a mother could appreciate his dampness (and she does).
These boys are too fun- hopefully they survive childhood.
By the way, there is a picture of my sister Emily up there. She is leaving to go on a mission to Chile! Holy Moly! I get to go see her off in AZ this next week. Yay! I am so excited to go and be there. I am so proud of my little sis. And, oh my goodness do my kids love her.
2 comments:
Wow, I can't believe that Emily is old enough for a mission. Good for her. Your kids are so cute. I can't imagine four. But I know you are doing great. They are sure cute.
By the way I bet Dave is just as good as Rob on the golf course. Wink wink.
Post a Comment