WARNING EMILY, THE FOLLOWING IS NOT FOR YOU TO READ.
So, my kids got dirty today, as usual, and I put them in the tub. Corbin was in my bathroom, Isaac with him, and Jackson in the other upstairs bathroom. He is two and a half and does pretty well in the water. I never overfill it and I check on him to make sure he is ok. He is old enough to leave alone in there. As I was contemplating this very fact, this evening, I realized that our poor boy shouldn't have been left alone in there, not because of his age, but because it is so bloody impossible to get out. It happens to be one of those soaker tubs-deep. SO I am scrambling around the house as they sit in their tubs doing dishes, checking on homework issues, throwing the last load of laundry for the day into the dryer, when David and I look at each other and realize Corbin is hollering. We hurry over to the bathroom to discover the poor thing sitting among his own poo--and boy is he mad. I mean livid. He is attempting to avoid the floaties and they, of course, are still in his bathwater as he attempts to dodge them. David, my hero, fishes out the foreign objects and gags. I smile. Sorry, but it's funny. Corbin looks at us with his big blue eyes with an mix of anger and disgust. Isaac who was previously sharing the same tub is like " What is going on in there!?" Knowing full well he is our germaphobe child, I say"your brother pooped in the tub! And you were in it when he did it!! Kidding. So it's true what they say, you really should never leave a child unattended in a bathtub.
2 comments:
That is hilarious. The same thing happened to me a few days ago. I put jude in our tub which is the big jet tub like yours. NOt much water but I was running around getting pj's and lotion and towles for after the bath. He started like moaning like he was complaining. I went in and he had pooped! So funny. And the only time SIbley did it was when she was probably Jude's age now and my mom and her friend were visiting us and they were laughing at sibley because she was so cute in the tub. Then poop everywhere. not so cute now is she!
I love that he's mad while trying to avoid the poo. It's classic. We need to catch up. I loved that you found my blog. I've tried to find you before but could never remember you're last name. Send me your phone number at my email at robnlori@gmail.com and I'll call you this weekend!! Also I love that you have 4 boys. Kaylene is expecting her 4th boy soon, too.
Post a Comment