Who was that well dressed man?
I just got back from a five day stay in Glendale AZ. I missed my family in Moscow way more than is probably normal. I did get to know my little nieces and nephews better though. My brother's littlest one does an awesome Stevie Wonder impression while eating in his highchair. Very cute. I wish I had brought a camera.
I slept, while I could. Maybe too much. We had a huge fish fry for Justin's Birthday. Lot's of crab and scallops and shrimp. Yum. We shopped some, ate at the Cheesecake Factory. Very good. Mostly visited with each other and laughed a lot. We talked about our kids and our childhood. It was sweet. We tried to calm Emily's fears about her mission a little, despite the fact that she isn't all that scared. She'll be great.
David took the boys to a wedding where Jackson was a ring bearer.
They all stayed with our friends Jeff and Maria and their family in Boise. Who in their right mind takes on three rowdy boys with no mother for a couple days? You gotta be a saint or insane. When I got home all they could talk about were the new sleeping bags Dad bought them for the trip. All that work and the sleeping bags were the biggest hit (you'll see what they did with them as you scroll down).
Jackson made one cute ring bearer, I think. You can't beat a four year old in a tux (with a dimple no less).
David says Corbin was delusional all the five hours driving home. He would cry and then laugh, then start all over again. I am sad to have missed it.
Here are the things I missed most about my family while I was gone:
1) Cuddling with my boys in the morning.
2) Hearing their laughter
3) Rubbing their fuzzy heads
4) Watching David try not to laugh when he is trying to discipline the boys
5) Seeing Corbin scream for "fives" after David has gotten in his car to go
to work and then has to get back out to say goodbye to him
6) Meeting Isaac when he walks off the bus and tries to look "cool" but still
has a little twinkle in his eye like he is glad to see me
7) Watching Jackson hug baby Brody every twenty minutes for the entire day
8) Seeing the baby smile for his Daddy
9) Watching them all invent things like a cup with straws that you can wear,
or tying a baby sling to their bikes and begging me to put Brody in it
10) Their screams of utter joy as they slide down the stairs on various slippery materials
11) Corbin trying to convince me that a carpet is actually a blanket almost every day!
No comments:
Post a Comment