Friday, July 18, 2008

Life is sure busy! Since the baby has been here a lot has happened. Everyone is adjusting pretty well to a new member of the family. He is such a little lug. He is our biggest yet at his age. After seven weeks, he has gained a wopping four pounds. It may sound like minimal, but how would you feel if in seven weeks, you gained half of what you weigh today?
Brody is a grunter. All the time he is groaning and grunting, when he isn't crying to be fed. He also likes to be snuggled and stared at. Really. Strange for a baby-eh? The older boys are really liking him. They actually argue over who gets to hold him next. Every time I feed the baby Jackson appears out of nowhere and wants to hug and kiss the baby. he pouts when I make him wait until Brody is done eating. It is so funny. Isaac adores him and Corbin wants to be like his big brothers, so he jumps right in and kisses the poor baby to smithereens

I
I need to point out that Isaac has been in T ball for the last month and a half, and has been doing really well. He is a lefty- to his father's joy- and can hit pretty well. He can be so serious sometimes. We have a few fun shots of him on the field. We are escited to see all our boys give it a try. Isaac and Jackson start Swim lessons in a week and are so anxious. It'll be fun-we hope.


.
We were lucky enough to have some of David's family come and stay for the fourth of July. It was really fun. The weather was perfect. Everyone bought fireworks to shoot off in the street after the Pullman city fireworks display, but by the time we got back it was so late that all the kids were asleep. We did get to see uncle Dan set hi homemade firwork off. It was funny to see everyone gather around and wait for the big event. We had our good friends Trudy and Berry and their three boys come over and light up the fireworks we had ended up with. There is something about doing it in the street that makes me chuckle. The boys were so excited. It must be a boy thing-all the noise and the danger of fire and the unpredictable aspect of it all. The funny part was that when a car would come by they had to stop and wait for the display to end-or drive around. we laughed.
The following weekend we were hit with some pretty scary news. David's mom was taken to the hospital with a flu and dehydration and ended up in intensive care. we quickly drove over to Tri Cities and ended up staying a week. She was in pretty tough shape and we shed a lot of tears, but she seems to be recovering slowly. We love her so much and hope to see her back to her energetic old self soon. I worried that perhaps I should not have brought all the boys during that stressful time, but I suspect they served as a bit of a distraction from the stress of it all. They missed their Grandma, but they also had a lot of fun with aunts and uncles spoiling them. they got to go swimming and visit the fire station and play lots of games and go shopping and eat out a lot-I guess you could say they survived the whole ordeal. Sometimes it takes a situation like this to realize how much we love each other.



By the way, we saw a snake in our front yard. Can ya believe it?

1 comment:

Koch Clan said...

Wow, I am glad everything is ok with Dave's mom. What a scary thing to have to go through. I love little brody. He is getting to be a chunk. Gabe was the same way. He was HUGE. I didn't think he really was and would get totally offended when people would say things like, "wow, he weighs more than my 18 month old." Or, "He is so big." But looking back at pictures we see that he was truly obese. But cute too. Don't worry, he has thinned out.