Tuesday, July 1, 2008

All the cousins came over for lunch after Brody's blessing. They are ( from left to right) Isaac, Owen,Jackson, Jaden, Corbin, Simon, and Brody. It gets a little wild when we get together.
Brody in his blessing outfit. We are so lucky to have him! I wish he could be this little and innocent forever. Not like years from now when he will tag along with his brothers in a day like I had today.... which went as follows...


Let me just begin with saying, I wish I had a picture of the looks I get when I take all my boys out in public. It is somewhere between pity and horror. I kid you not. I recognize it because I used to look at other women with a thousand kids the same way. I went to Old Navy today to get a few duds for my lovely postpartum body and had to bring all my clan. All the way there, I pleaded with them to behave. OH- they listened all right! They did all the things I asked them not to. They were hiding under clothing racks, bouncing balls, running around, and climbing on the window ( no joke). I had a bunch of clothes to try on, so I went to the dressing room and asked for their biggest room-so I could stuff them all in the room with me. I was given the look. As I tried the clothes on, I had to remind the boys that simply because no one out there could see them did not mean they could not be heard. I am talking loud-people! I only tried like two things on- I had to stop because I was starting to perspire. The result of a lovely mix of hormones and humiliation- or perhaps it was me in a huge mirror after having a baby three weeks ago.Seriously, I deserve whatever I get. What was I thinking going there!? So anyway, I gathered up the clothes and decided to just buy them all and return what didn't fit. Ug. I looked at the cashier and pointed out that if I had paid a babysitter, I would be spending 15 dollars less there. She raised her eyebrows-totally unsympathetic. The lady behind me promised she had been there and it would get better, but I am sure they laughed as I corraled them out of the store. Isaac, Jackson and Corbin came barrelling out and the alarm went off-it was, of course, a fluke, but Isaac yells-"Mom! You stole something!?. Can you say embarrassing?
They all look at their feet when they run, so as they ran to the mall exit, they ran straight into a family and Corbin bites it. (this is to be expected with his abnormally large head) Others stared and waited for me to run over to him, but I knew he is laughing. So, I took my time. At this point, I was too exhausted to attempt to please onlookers.
We then proceeded to the car and as I was unloading, the baby screaming, it occured to me that this is going to be a long summer. Aside from this realization, things are going well. The baby is a sweetie, and I am recovering really fast. The boys are really cute with the baby and behave fairly well at home. I only leave the house when I have to. I am learning really quickly that adding one more to three children is not as easy as I anticipated, but I am so happy to have a full minivan. It just feels good-ya know?

2 comments:

Koch Clan said...

I am totally laughing. You are so funny. I would totally take all the kids to old navy too and expect them to do well. My kids are the same way too. I only go to places with a car. Example: target, costco and walmart. The boys are so cute and it was good to see them with Steph's kids too.

mumovearls said...

Man I need to live closer to you guys I miss the days we had together... Sorry I haven't called I was in Idaho for a week and then in Costa Rica for 9 days and then in NYC for 3 days... I just got home 2 days ago... I'll call-n