Wednesday, September 1, 2010

the obligatory first day of school pictures






My six year old and nine year old are officially gone.
First grade and fourth.
One four year old starts preschool in a week and I will have no one but
Brody in my
giant, filthy minivan for half of the day.
Isaac teased me all morning about when he leaves for college. I can't even go there.
He is sure I will cry all day and just wait for him to come home at Christmas time.
I'm sure he's right.
Until then, I will do my best to find something to do with my now pointless life...

Who are we kidding?
This charade is over.
I am free at last!
I didn't have to raise my voice even once today-take that-Isaac!
"In your face"
-as you like to say.

( I will still miss you, Jackson. At least you know I am capable of more than
crying and waiting.
Your request for popcorn when you get home is more than enough proof )

2 comments:

Koch Clan said...

LOL! Isaac is so funny. My older 2 are in school all day and I only have Jude at home. It is so quiet! I just wish I didn't have to go to my internship for 20 hours a week. But we have fun when I am home! Cute pictures.

Leah said...

I've been crying all day ever since I left Isaac's side myself. It's a rough life. Well, go make me some popcorn.