(This is where I posted a picture of Isaac on the pot, reading a magazine when he was two. I thought better of it, and removed it. You are welcome, my son.)
Isaac had an "all about me" assignment. It required a bit of help from mom. I am okay with that. I suggested he add a picture of his family.
But NO!
That would be sooo embarrassing.
I suggested a picture of him with his brothers.
But NO!
That would just humiliate him. I helped him finish his stupid poster and drove him to school so that the thing wouldn't get wrinkled on the bus. I got out of the car to help him out.
Go ahead, guess what the loving boy had to say to his mother.
How dare I show my face!
And in sweat pants, no less! Maybe I'm crazy, but isn't having a mother part of being alive? How long should I stay in hiding until people actually find out he has parents and a family? I don't know whether to pity the poor boy,
or laugh at him-since humiliation seems to be a HUGE driving force in his life.
I realize kids can get weird about their parents in public,
but the boy in nine.
Help, anyone?
That is, if you're not too embarrassed to leave your comment...
3 comments:
you're only 16, you don't have a rep yet!
maybe you should show up one day all glammed out... heels, lipstick, you get the drift. see how he feels about sweat pants THEN.
Oh, why can't I keep them toddlers? I'm not sure it's the best way to go, but I'd surely get annoyed and say TOO BAD, WE ALL HAVE TRIALS, SO DEAL WITH IT. But, since you're nicer than me...
I say you should just show up wearing the red and yellow moo-moo with the fuzzy, pink slippers and show him what real embarrassment is!
Post a Comment