My husband and I recently took a trip together, without children. It was so nice to just enjoy the atmosphere and relax. We had a great time together, like we always do.
I did, however, miss my nightly update with my husband about the goings on in the house. Now that we have returned and resumed our normal day to day life, I am back to the updates. Here is tonight's, sweetie pie.
Our children attempted to kill a spider by throwing huge wads of toilet paper at it.
We are, subsequently, out of toilet paper.
Oh, and the spider runs free.
By the way, I overheard Corbin tell cookie monster he hated him today.
Can we blame him?
Raspy voice, disgusting table manners, selfish eating habits and crazy eyes.
It's really just the crazy eyes that arouse the hatred.
Jackson has finally learned his teacher's name.
But, still calls the neighbor boy Pristine instead of Preston.
Set him straight when you get the chance. My voice goes in one ear, and out the other.
Corbin has fallen for cinnamon toast crunch.
Hard.
Detox may be required.
The sugary face stubble is a dead giveaway.
Isaac got a "C" on his spelling test. I'm not sure if it's because his handwriting is worse than yours, or because he doesn't actually know how to spell. He says it isn't important to be a good speller anymore thanks to spell check. He does have a point.
Brody insists on pouring his own milk out of his own cup into his own cereal. Don't even think about doing it for him, or the fit of a thousand years will resume again in the morning. On the good side, he has stopped dipping his stuffed cow in his cereal.
Someone called and needs help moving.
Ah, yes. No day is complete without the intricate workings of family life.
I did, however, miss my nightly update with my husband about the goings on in the house. Now that we have returned and resumed our normal day to day life, I am back to the updates. Here is tonight's, sweetie pie.
Our children attempted to kill a spider by throwing huge wads of toilet paper at it.
We are, subsequently, out of toilet paper.
Oh, and the spider runs free.
By the way, I overheard Corbin tell cookie monster he hated him today.
Can we blame him?
Raspy voice, disgusting table manners, selfish eating habits and crazy eyes.
It's really just the crazy eyes that arouse the hatred.
Jackson has finally learned his teacher's name.
But, still calls the neighbor boy Pristine instead of Preston.
Set him straight when you get the chance. My voice goes in one ear, and out the other.
Corbin has fallen for cinnamon toast crunch.
Hard.
Detox may be required.
The sugary face stubble is a dead giveaway.
Isaac got a "C" on his spelling test. I'm not sure if it's because his handwriting is worse than yours, or because he doesn't actually know how to spell. He says it isn't important to be a good speller anymore thanks to spell check. He does have a point.
Brody insists on pouring his own milk out of his own cup into his own cereal. Don't even think about doing it for him, or the fit of a thousand years will resume again in the morning. On the good side, he has stopped dipping his stuffed cow in his cereal.
Someone called and needs help moving.
Ah, yes. No day is complete without the intricate workings of family life.
3 comments:
why did i feel like i was reading haiku here?
Hey I'm coming to your pleasant city very soon. We must get together. We'll actually be there two different times in October. Get ready!
Stupid Cookie Monster. He IS infuriating.
Post a Comment