Saturday, April 4, 2009

Our neighborhood is falling apart. I know of three couples that have split up on our street in the past several months, and two wives that had to stay behind from a new job because their homes haven't sold. Such a lonely street. We live on the street of broken marriages and shattered home sales dreams.

On a lighter note, I bought one of those exercise balls that you blow up to huge proportions. I should have seen the chaos coming when my kids came to blows over who would get to open the box. Not good. I innocently blew the thing up and here are some uses, other than exercise for this popular item:

Dodgeball. You never miss.

Circus performances. Did you know you can balance two kids on top if they hold hands and lean back just right? Neither did I.

Steamroller. Two kids hold on to opposite sides and each rolls over the other
( admittedly, this takes the help of an irresponsible adult).

Face smacking. Duh.

Jumping off a bed or couch onto it-thereby experiencing weightlessness temporarily.

Better than Christmas-I tell ya!!


And finally, Isaac decided it would be fun to strap on his roller blades and go up the hill to see what he could see. Unfortunately, all he could see on the way down was the fact that he needed to improve his braking skills. Sadly, the other thing he saw was his two parents at the bottom waving and laughing. Sideways walking down a block in roller blades is, after all, amusing.

2 comments:

Anna said...

How much are houses going for in your neighborhood? Just wondering about moving back there. We miss it!

Anonymous said...

i laughed my head off reading this one...as always!