Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jellybeans. Bean, jelly, or choking hazard?







Easter was great. Two of David's sisters and their families (minus two neices:() joined us after church. Unfortunately, we didn't inform them we were planning on attending church, so they sat around my house for and hour and a half waiting for us to return.
Oops.
Let the record state I am not a good hostess.
They were forgiving, though.
Aside from this little mishap, It was pretty fun.
The kids played, hunted more eggs, cracked confetti eggs on each other, and , the twenty five pound ham I bought was dissected and sent home with each family.
As usual we were left with some delicious compensation.
It was very relaxed.
Here are a few pictures of the event.











I wish I could say the same for Saturday.
The city has a couple of egg hunts around town that the boys like to attend. I usually skip out on these and send David to do the dirty work, but this year he was sick.
Boy, do I owe him a debt of gratitude for all the times he participated with this crowded mess of people.
These egg hunts are nothing more than a giant glorification of capitalism. I mean if you didn't earn an egg, tough buscuits,
you can go home empty handed man!
We were only second behind the floodgates, and hurry and
squat as we might,
there were no eggs to be had.
I cheated for the sake of my afternoon and swiped a few up before some other greedy kid grabbed my child's share. I know. How low will a mother stoop? Apparently, pretty low.

The other sad half of this story is that there were lots of kids crying about not getting any or falling and losing their eggs to the masses.
We happened upon one of these children and I
set myself up for disappointment
when I whispered into my children's ears that they should "donate" a couple of eggs to his cause.
Isaac kindly reached into his basket, but Jackson

gave me a look of utter shock.
What can I say?
Jackson is a capitalist, all the way.




We hope everyone else out there had a great time celebrating Easter too.

3 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

you are seriously hilarious. i love it.

i can't even attend ward functions where kids have free reign, forget one where the whole town is invited. chaos and type A do not mix well together.

glad you had a nice easter.

Emily said...

Last year Sean and I attended the egg hunt at Eastside Marketplace...and we HATED it so much we decided to NEVER go again. Kids pushing and shoving and parents hunting more eggs than the kids. One kids with numerous prize eggs and one kid with NONE!

This year we only did the Rosauers egg hunt. It was okay, but same thing... One little girl in Alli's group got about 20 eggs, while there was another girl that only got ONE! And, the best part is the parent on the 20 egg girl kept hollering at her to get more from around the feet of the 1 egg girl! (Alli got 5 eggs, but was very happy with her 5.)

Why do I dislike egg hunts? PARENTS... Maybe next year we should have our own eggs hunt?!?

Loughmiller's said...

When we lived in Moscow, we went to one egg hunt. It was such a mess, and we ended up with no eggs. Parents were actually taking eggs from Ben. I decided I would never go again.