Friday, April 17, 2009

Just another day in paradise...

I woke up early. I cut my boys' hair, bathed them, put them to bed on time the night before.
I bought them new shirts. I made sure they ate a filling and nutritious meal.
I purchased spin brushes and shined those suckers up.
I even took Isaac out of school today,
all in preparation for professional pictures to be taken of the boys.
Guess, just guess, how it went.
Try as we might, Corbin wouldn't smile.
Well, actually, scratch that, he smiled once when we convinced Isaac to let Jackson jump up and down on his back.
That is all.
Annoying.
I hope the photographer worked some magic. If not, we'll be framing frowning Corbin and his ridiculous lip.

I will say it was a weird day for the kid.
First, he was eating a snack, and started screaming and yelling about a spider between his toes.
Trying not to laugh, I assumed it was a speck of lint.
I walked over there, and sure enough!
A spider was crawling between his toes.
Poor guy.

I put him to bed last night in my bed so that Brody could settle in alone. I always move Corbin when I go to bed.
He woke me up this morning declaring:
" Mom! Your bed turned into my bed! It's magic!"

He told his first lie today too. I set out three brownies, one for each kid to eat while I paid the bills.
When I got back there was not a brownie left and two kids asking why they didn't get any.
Fortunately, Corbin in a smiling liar.
No remorse either.
"No I didn't eat it. Well, okay, and sorry brothers!! (followed by a giant smile)".

He also fell like ten times today, the poor little one. I guess he isn't the only one. Isaac hit his metal bat on the ground and it bounced up and hit him right between the eyes.
( I'm hopin'that one doesn't show in the pictures either)
Jackson is currently in tact, no thanks to his insane stunts on his scooter.

No pictures today. The kids were all pictured out.

4 comments:

Moscow Monson's said...

And that would be why we didn't get Christmas cards out this year. Between hair cuts, bumps and pouty faces, I called it quits! When you do get them just remind yourself of all the personality that shows through, So much better than those in the mall!

the wrath of khandrea said...

dress him back up and let me take a few of him. i won't even charge you. well, okay... maybe three brownies. although warn corbin i'm not as forgiving. i'll take him OUT if he eats mine.

ashley said...

taking pictures makes me start to sweat and hyperventilate. we haven't had family pictures since issy was 1 1/2. i am planning some for may, and already the sweaty pits have begun just thinking about it!! yikes!

Leah said...

two things to consider:
1. corbin wouldn't fall down so much if his head weren't so big. maybe if you found a compresion device for him to wear at night, he'd have more luck.
2. perhaps in these day to day misfortunes, God is sending you a message. that message is, "kristine, you should never have left your sister at the airport for 3 hours in the middle of the night. so, so alone. but, alas, you did. it is payback time."