Sunday, November 20, 2011

Sled Head

Sledding is in full swing around here. The boys are equipped with their snow clothing
( which is no small feat, let me tell you) and have only risked life and limb a couple times. I still can't believe we haven't experienced any broken bones in this family yet. Knock on wood.

They came home so completely soaked in mud yesterday, ( along with four of their friends) I almost broke into tears. The sad thing? This is only the beginning of the slushy clothing, muddy footprints and crying over icy fingers. The good side? After the mess is cleaned and the clothes are drip drying, we all sit at the table for hot chocolate, rosy cheeked, and laugh about all ways Jackson's body flew into the air as he threw his half frozen body down another bumpy slope. Isaac nearly had a breakdown relating the story. His shock still hadn't faded even hours later. How do you make a seven year old boy understand that he isn't indestructible? Jackson is insane. Isaac will vouch. What's done is done. Extra marshmallows for surviving insanity. Heck, I do it everyday.


(I will, however, not reward him if he is injured and sticks me with some astronomical medical bill)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think Jackson would be Carter's Hero. LOL