Monday, November 14, 2011

My complicated life

We bought a bunk bed.
We got a steal of a deal, and Brody can sleep in a big boy bed. Woohoo! No more having him cry in the middle of the night because he fell out of his tiny bed again. Relief. Bonus: We took the extra double bed and made a guest room with it. Bring it on, guests.

Isaac is working on getting over his addiction to world of tanks.
It's been a week and the kid has struggled, I'm not gonna lie. He sometimes hyperventilates. We keep lots of brown paper bags on hand.As you can see, Corbin enjoys participation in random temper tantrums. Who wouldn't?

Hockey has begun.
Ah yes. Three times a week three of my boys gear up and I throw them on the ice. They are so happy to be playing.

David is coaching Corbin and Jackson's team.
Yes. It's true, aside from frequent travel, demanding church callings and a lot of driveway shoveling in the near future, this man has found a way to spend some quality time with his boys on the ice. What a guy.

I'm already knee deep into making christmas candy.
Finished the walnut caramels, english toffee, almond joys, and brown sugar maple-ey things ( the official name is Aunt Bill's Brown Candy, but that means nothing to you). Next on the list: Fudge, plain caramels, cookies and cream chocolate centers, and possibly fondants. Goody!

Just realized i forgot to post a Halloween post.
I have many excuses. Our camera was out of batteries. I got busy. Brody was a fireman, Corbin was an astronaut, Jackson was a swat team member, and Isaac stuck glow sticks all over black sweats. He is the only one I snapped a picture of before my battery ran dead. You would think I could just dress the kids up again and pretend it's the halloween shot, but you'd be wrong. This year the kids mostly hit the neighborhood. Holy candy.I love seeing this in my angels' mouths. Love.



My best friend had a beautiful baby boy.
Not jealous. He's adorable and I already love him. I talked to her the other day and she asked
" Do you remember how to do any of this stuff?" I had to laugh. No, my dear friend, I do not. How quickly we forget. I think there's a reason for that...

It's starting to get cold around here.
Some friends of ours are headed to Hawaii in January. They invited us and we looked at each other and said..."Heck yes!" Lucky for us, I talked us out of it last night. Silly. Cold weather does that to you.

Piano recital coming up.
For those of you in town who want to witness the joy that is my two oldest children playing the piano, come share. 4pm. Church. This coming Monday. I'll videotape it.

1 comment:

Leah said...

I'll take your trip to Hawaii. And your confections. All of them.