Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Where are your spirit sparkles!!??



Pros for the week:

*Isaac did a great job on his piano recital yesterday.He also finds amusement in sledding down the dirt mounds in the empty lot next to our house. We have some seriously grass stained pants in this house.

*Jackson's reading is coming along great! More importantly, when I wake him up in the morning, he never has a single sheet out of place. I think he sleeps like a log, because my others always wake up looking like they dreamt of wrestling alligators.

*Brody is in love with keys and keyholes, markers, and waving at strangers who drive past our house. Not so excited about the marker bit. He reminds me of Linus dragging his blanket around with his pointer embedded in his mouth.

*Corbin has a new hobby. He goes through the newspaper and draws mustaches on the faces with a big red marker. He also likes to say " See ya later-sucka!" on a daily basis.

*Went swimsuit shopping and loved nearly every one--haven't done that since--ever. Happy day!

* Grass is starting to get green around here. Finally!


*Made granola bars, bread, turkey dinner with all the fixin's and even fed a few friends in the process. Don't mind if I pat myself on the back.

*Seeing lots of kids move into the neighborhood and loving seeing my kids be able to play with them without me having to drive anyone anywhere. Woot.

*My husband was not called to be a bishop. Yay!

*Wore a heart rate monitor all day. Hate to brag...but I burn a LOT of calories just sitting around and doing nothing much. Love the genes today. Thanks mom and dad!

*Found a great new way to save money on produce with this farm co-op program. I go to one designated spot, and they fill my laundry basket with fresh produce for fifteen bucks every Saturday! I am LOVING it.

* Finally got my flowers in the pots out front.

* Felt satisfied with the final episode of Lost. ( for once, I didn't shout " what in the daylights was that all about??)

Cons:
*Not enough time in the day to appreciate all that I am so blessed to have.




4 comments:

Best2beaBryson,, Dee Bryson said...

What is your farm co op secret and how can I do it too? =)

Leah said...

Yay co-op! I ate brussels sprouts and they were GOOD! Who knew?

mumovearls said...

I miss you guys! You know what you are my hero! Can you give my boyfriend Corbin a kiss for me? How about planning a weekend soon? With all those boys... hmmmm I miss your kids... Tell Jackson I planted beans this week I'll have to bring him a bean plant...I'm sure the one that got dumped in the back of your car isn't growning... Or maybe it is? Kisses

The Bloomin' Fields said...

Where's the designated farm spot? I wanna have fresh produce since my garden won't get planted this year.