I was supposed to stop by the store today and purchase a Steelhead fishing lisence for my husband.
I did that.
I should have dug around in the crawlspace under the house to find something and searched the garage for something else. I should have gone grocery shopping and cleaned out the junk drawer in the kitchen. It won't shut properly. I should have gone back to the gym after the giant soft pretzel and big 'ol bowl of cinnimon toast crunch for breakfast. I have a pile of laundry on my recliner that is begging to be folded and an expired "time for oil change" sticker in my windshield. I should have taken Corbin to preschool today.
I didn't do any of that.
I guiltlessly scratched them off my "to do" list. Instead, I took care of my children's to do list. We played at the indoor playground. We went to the library and checked out a bunch of DVDs. We cuddled up and watched a movie and ate dry cereal and chocolate chips. I laughed when my boys brought a bouncy ball ( You know, the ones with the handles that you sit on...) into the bathtub and attempt to bounce in the tub. The floor was soaked. I didn't care. We visited a good friend and laughed at my dancing baby. I took them home and we danced some more. Jackson and Corbin danced on the counters so we could look each other in the face. I let Isaac play video games to his heart's content.
Then I vaccuumed. Just to feel useful...
Life is good.
I did that.
I should have dug around in the crawlspace under the house to find something and searched the garage for something else. I should have gone grocery shopping and cleaned out the junk drawer in the kitchen. It won't shut properly. I should have gone back to the gym after the giant soft pretzel and big 'ol bowl of cinnimon toast crunch for breakfast. I have a pile of laundry on my recliner that is begging to be folded and an expired "time for oil change" sticker in my windshield. I should have taken Corbin to preschool today.
I didn't do any of that.
I guiltlessly scratched them off my "to do" list. Instead, I took care of my children's to do list. We played at the indoor playground. We went to the library and checked out a bunch of DVDs. We cuddled up and watched a movie and ate dry cereal and chocolate chips. I laughed when my boys brought a bouncy ball ( You know, the ones with the handles that you sit on...) into the bathtub and attempt to bounce in the tub. The floor was soaked. I didn't care. We visited a good friend and laughed at my dancing baby. I took them home and we danced some more. Jackson and Corbin danced on the counters so we could look each other in the face. I let Isaac play video games to his heart's content.
Then I vaccuumed. Just to feel useful...
Life is good.
3 comments:
you are my hero. i wish certain people i knew were a bit more like this. sometimes the type A structure and rigidity make me want to run naked and screaming through the streets.
i'll be sure to give you a heads up if i ever do, so you can get your binoculars out.
Sometimes we all need to refocus our "priorities." You are awesome.
Post a Comment