Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Who is this child, and where can I get another one?

Isaac came out of church beaming last Sunday. He proudly pointed out that he gave a wonderful closing prayer in primary. He asked for the usual, and then slipped in a:
" Please bless that mom gets a really good nap today".
Thanks, Isaac.
I did.

Here he is letting baby Brody pop his bubble. If you knew how Isaac felt about germs, you would know that this is a big deal. Sometimes we all make a sacrifice to hear that baby laugh, I guess.



So much kindness. Speaking of kindness,

I also got a cat paw in the mail today.
For those of you who do not attend his school, this is a notice to the parents about something good your child has done.
Happy to receive it, I read about how
Isaac
helps the lunch ladies clean up after lunch every day!
I was a little concerned that he might be
avoiding some mean kid or
that he doesn't have friends to play with.
I timidly asked him if there was any reason he doesn't
want to be outside playing.
He replied, with a hint of a tear (or proof of honesty, in my book),
" I like playing with my friends, but helping out makes me feel good, so I do that too".

Go ahead and cry too. I already did.

2 comments: