This picture of a few measly bottles of fruit and some lovely fruit leather are all I have to show for what was basically my religion for the past 48 hours. Truth be told I am actually very proud of myself for doing it despite my negative attitude. It kinda makes me feel like I am doing my ancestors proud.
Tomorrow's agenda:
Cut and wrap fruit leather
Can these peaches
Find a use for these plums
Bake and freeze up some zucchini/chocolate chip bread
Bake up some granola bars
Honestly.
Finding a use for practically free food consumes me.
My kids keep asking when I will stop staying in the kitchen all day.
I've asked myself the same question far too many times today.
5 comments:
and herein lies the fundamental difference between you and i.
i sat at enrichment the other night, surrounded by women taking notes, wondering what the hell i was even doing there. i had to keep repeating, "you're here for the blessings that come with diligently attending all church meetings."
the end.
here is the question of the teacher's wife: does it save you $$ after you buy all the jars? i mean, i'm sure it tastes better than store-bought, but that isn't incentive enough for some of us.
also, i still want your granola bars recipe.
looks yummy. hey you should make some plum juice, it is yummy. the coles in my OLD ward(yikes that is hard to say) make it you could ask them about it. they add sprite to it when they drink it and it is YUMMO! way to go you little pioneer woman.
Amen to store bought. I'm just kidding...you done good.
You say you don't like being in the kitchen, but we all know the truth...you LOVE it! Kudos on all the canning. Let me know if you ever need assistance...though I don't like to do it all myself, I am always more than willing to come and cut/peel stuff at other's houses.
Post a Comment