Monday, September 14, 2009

The road to addiction is paved in denial ( Is this even a real saying?)


I was wasting time with the boys this afternoon at the mall
and Jackson said the funniest thing.
We ate some tacos at Qdoba there and Isaac
graciously
offered to get Jackson's pop for him.
He returned with a twinkle in his eye and handed the drink over.
Any female in her right mind would turn down a drink from a cup accompanied by that look, but no.
These are not females we are dealing with.
It was Jackson's very first suicide pop.
( you know, where you add a little of everything
and mix it a little with your straw)
One of the options at the fountain was Nestea. Jackson drank half the cup before I realized this. I told him we don't drink tea, as he knows. He got a crazy look in his eye and whispered in Isaac's ear:
"Isaac, Ha!...I'm not even addicted to it!"

The look on his face is best summed up by this picture.
I know. A look of utter remorse.
Goody.

3 comments:

Leah said...

i scrubbed a rotten egg off a bowl yesterday. smelled nasty and fishy. made me think of you.

Emily said...

Mountain Dew = okay
Tea = not okay
hmmm

the wrath of khandrea said...

i can't even tell you how hilarious this is to me tonight. the kid is a demon. i want to adopt him.