Long time, no see. I know. My computer won't read my sd cards, so I can't post pictures. I have been waiting for the thing to fix itself, but to no avail! In an attempt to catch up without pictures, we will run through the goings on at the Prestwich house. Boring? Perhaps. Informative? You bet.
Isaac is getting too grown up for lots of things. He doesn't play store like he used to. Making forts is for little kids too. I did, however, catch him in the back of the truck this afternoon jumping around and pretending to be a monkey with his brothers. He wants to help out at home. He wants to garden. He wants to (gasp!) earn money. He wants stuff. He has a list.
He also has a very busy schedule. Straight from school to soccer, karate, piano, scouts, his brother's soccer and so on. Life gets crazy. We are looking forward to more peaceful months ahead when soccer is over. He is doing great in school. He is really self motivated where school is concerned, so I don't worry too much. Only parent teacher conference will tell. Oh,and he begs to cook this and that all the time. I should just give in and let the boy have at it. He never stops eating, so I guess I should let him fend for himself, eh?
Jackson is doing great. He still gets away with more than he should, but who doesn't in this house? Kindergarten is proving a little more challenging than he predicted. It breaks my heart to hear the little guy say that Isaac is the smart one and he is not. Ouch. We are working hard on his letter recognition and our very sweet neighbor up the street tutors him with a really fun phonics program. He is still a social butterfly and loves to have friends over as much as possible. He has discovered money. Quarters in particular. He gives money to his friends, they in turn give him money too. He always ends up with more. Sad. He cannot tolerate anyone being upset with him. Ever. He is still a little acrobat. He figured out today how to put is hands up on the wall and feet on the wall across in the stairwell. He went all the way up the stairs like that. Mark my words, he'll join the circus someday.
Corbin is exerting his independence. He wants to do everything himself, but can't. Frustration fills a lot of his days. He loves his preschool. He digs for dinosaurs every time he goes and cries when I won't let him take them all home with him ( they do belong at the school after all). He likes to hide from me and laugh when I get hysterical. It's oh so entertaining. He still likes to make sure everyone knows how much he loves them, making up for all his three year old antics. He and Jackson are inseparable. The other day when Jackson left on the school bus, Corbin threw himself on the ground and wept. It was pathetic to see. Band aids are an important part of his daily routine. These days I send him to bed and he comes out to let me know that " My body wants to sleep, but my brain says to tell you I need you to lay down with me". That silly brain of his.
Brody is big. He eats nonstop. He has come up with his own sign language (since my kids don't talk until they turn three). He shoves his hand to his face when he wants to eat. He does it a lot. He laughs and dances throughout the day. He is a wonderful sleeper. He even tries to crawl into his crib when he knows it's time. He hates being the only kid around. He just gets bored and cranky when we are alone together. I am so lame. He is always exploring and attempting to empty every cupboard he can. He can run with the best of them. His brothers think he is hilarious...except when he hits them with kitchen utensils such as the potato smasher, metal spatulas or wooden spoons. If one brother yells at another ( wich is almost never, of course) Brody jumps right in and yells nonsense at them all, proudly. He loves his belly button, pointer finger and monkey blanket.
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
who knew you had so many kids!
I play monkey in our truck. I hit people with the potato smasher too. You should try it, it's very effective.
Post a Comment