We had a great Thanksgiving vacation this year!
While we originally planned to attend David's family gathering, the weather decided otherwise. We were lucky enough to have my sister is town and we knew she made a heck of a turkey, so we loaded up the boys and went to her house! They were very gracious, and the boys had a great time. The food was delish( as the many faces full of food prove). Stef actually hates turkey and the whole giant bird, so she sent me home with the leftovers...Mmmm. Turkey noodle soup tonight!I have been slaving away the last few weeks dipping homemade chocolates into the wee hours of the morning...in hopes of sharing them with my family when I come home this December. I took a box of about thirty chocolates to Stef's as a fun treat for dessert. They literally lasted one minute. I guess that means they were a success. Still, I shudder to think of all the hours I spent as I watched Brody down one after another in a matter of seconds.
Our bellies full, we thanked our awesome chef, and headed home to do nothing but lie about.
The next few days showered us with snow, like you wouldn't believe. I took it upon myself to spend some quality time in the snow with these insatiable children. I think I ended up playing even harder in that dang snow than they did. I decided to put my building skills to the test and built David a wall to block snow drifts from the driveway, and an igloo for the boys. Apparently, I looked like a lunatic with my sweaty hair flying around as I used my bum to pack snow into the block mold. Onlooking drivers were surely impressed with this loon of a mother. At one point, David poked his head out and suggested I had lost my mind.
Smarty pants just figured that out?
The black dot is my children plummeting to their deaths as I watch with a camera. So wrong.
This is the crowning achievement of the day. I am so proud. You can fit three kids, or one whole adult in there. The kids hope some stray animal sleeps in there tonight. It might be me.
All in all, the week has been really nice. We had a great time relaxing and enjoying each other. We have even managed to squeeze in some ice skating, christmas cookie baking, and black friday shopping. Hooray for the holidays! Hooray for family! These kids sure make life fun...even if they do track in enough snow to fill a bathtub...
No comments:
Post a Comment