Monday, October 11, 2010

Family Night


How to make caramel apples...

1) Wash hands thoroughly. Unwrap caramels, and melt in a saucepan.



2) Horrify your mother with your sanitary measures...


(The picture above literally makes me gag. I love my kids as much as the next lady, but this and the next one are just too much. Finger licking? Caramel dangling? Feet on the counter? I'm heaving. The only reason I tolerate this is A) I am not going to partake of this mess and B) No one outside this house will either. )

3) Continue to horrify her...

4) Cut stuff

5) Scrape stuff

6) Stick that mess in your face.



7) Wait until next year for your mother to recover.

2 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

my nosy children were reading over my shoulder, and they wanted to know if you got a new kid. i said WHAT?! (in a loud and irritated voice because of how i felt about their nosy intrusion into my personal blogging time) they pointed to brody. i said "it's brody, the baby!" (being sure to use more irritation so they would feel bad for not knowing). they said "mom, that kid is not a baby."

whatever. go make caramel apples and leave me alone.

Leah said...

Sometimes I feel like I need to do caramel apples even though Danny doesn't even like them, and truth be told, neither do I. You've just convinced me to save myself the trouble, and for that, I thank you.

Also, I like your Pillsbury doughboy perched on the microwave.