Friday, June 4, 2010

The circle of life




My baby turns two tomorrow.

My nine year old plays swear word scrabble -in an innocent way, of course.

My four year old thinks he's old enough to knock on the neighbor's door and ask his friend to come out and play--three times--in one hour.

My six year old is graduating kindergarten and will be taken away from me for the majority of the day for the rest of his life
( excluding summers, of course, when I will wish school was in session).

I am sad.
Where is the time going?
In an attempt to keep them needing me,
I hereby promise continue to dress each one in the clothing of my choosing,
tie their shoes,
despite their knowing how,
and dish up
their dinners with vegetables that I know will never be consumed.
Take that circle of life!

No comments: