Tuesday, June 22, 2010

And you thought peewee herman was the only one to abuse tape...

Yesterday my sons were bored.
It was raining and they suffered from a little cabin fever.
They were driving me batty.
Angry from constant bickering, begging and complaints,
I hid myself upstairs to let them duke it out.
Left to their own devices, I figured they would recall how to entertain themselves, as they always do. I was so impressed with their ingenuity when I came downstairs to find
my six year old and four year old taped together.
Their backs, their legs, even their poor little fingers were taped.
They thought they were so funny.

Brody was in bed by this time and they just hollered and laughed and fell for about twenty minutes until I couldn't take it anymore. I threw them on the front lawn and told them to keep it down. The lay there in the grass with Isaac hovering over them and began to laugh even harder.
Finally, they got annoyed with their whole game and demanded Isaac release them. He, of course, couldn't find any scissors, so as they lay there on my front lawn with cars driving by, Isaac brought out the biggest
knife
he could find.
You can imagine the stares my boys got as Isaac loomed over his brothers with a butcher knife and a huge grin on his face as he leaned over his thoroughly incapacitated brothers.
Finally, the onlookers were making me a bit leery, and I decided to cut the tape myself. I don't know what was worse,
me looking like I am hacking my kids to death in the front yard,
or Isaac clutching his gut in hysterical laughter.
The whole scene was ridiculous.
Note to self: Don't lose scissors ever again.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Hey, everyone! Limb check! Count your limbs! One , two, thr...dangit.