Thursday, March 25, 2010

Isaac and I had a nice long talk today. I asked him about his day at school. He said it was
"really great."
Mom: "Why? What happened?
Isaac: " Nothing really, just the usual. We chase the girls and make them
scream."
Mom: "What do you do with them once you've caught them?
Isaac: " I don't know, we just chase them"
Mom: " And that makes for a great day?"
Isaac: "Well, for them. They get to have all the fun running away, and we do all
the work chasing"
Mom: "Yeah. Men work really hard for the simple happiness of a woman, don't
they?"
Isaac: " Well, they can't be happy just staring around and yakkety-yaking all
day. They don't even have a thought in their head. We just make it
more fun around here."
Mom: " I am so glad you make life more fun for know-nothing females around
the world. So glad."
Isaac: " Me too."

Heaven help us. I wish I could share my thoughts about this conversation, but apparently, I don't have any. (At least none that I can conscientiously make public)

I have failed humanity.

6 comments:

djensen said...

Kris. That conversation is not ending there. A full report of the pounding (forcefully POUNDING) of feminist material into that boy's head is required of you. You have twenty four hours to complete the first pounding session and report. There will be no less than three sessions weekly. There will be no alternate assignment. That is all.

djensen said...

This is your sister, by the way. The favorite sister.

the wrath of khandrea said...

i may be breaking some kneecaps now.

tell him to sleep with one eye open.

Moscow Monson's said...

I read this to my girls:
Caia: "Ha that's funny, he must be in 1st grade, those were fun times." I can attest that the boys in her class, 5th grade, know she has a brain and they'd rather not find out what's on it.
Payton, 1st grade "We aren't even aloud to play boys chase girls." With an attitude of oh brother chase.
Well there you have it, no offense taken, my girls have enough self confidence to know that this was just plain funny! And I figure, he'll learn...

Rob and Lori said...

still laughing...

mjsears said...

Kris, I am so glad I found your site! I am not the most computer literate - truth be told I am pretty clueless! I just found facebook a few days a go with Shari's help, still not quite up and running on that, but slowly I am getting there.

What a character you have on you're hands...lol!

When I was in 1st grade a friend and I would chase the BOYS. Imagine a short little blonde girl in a body corset under her clothes so she couldn't bend & red leather orthopedic shoes teamed up with a friend (named Bertha) with a patch over her lazy eye and in horn rimmed glasses chasing the boys. (Not a pretty sight!)
And, I hate to say that I would not stop at making them scream! Even when they pleaded for me not too, I would kick the boys in the shins and make them cry. Talk about venting pent up frustrations. Those POOR boys, I wonder if they are out of counseling yet? Good thing I was under the age of 8. :)