Wednesday, January 13, 2010

All by myself...

There are days when I walk right past people I know without so much as a nod.
I probably cut other drivers off on the street and
pay for 50 items in the express lane at Safeway.
I surely walk into poles, tables, and doorways on a daily basis.
I make phone calls and confess to the person on the other line
" I forgot who I am calling".
I tell my child to go clean his room and ask him why he is running off before he has eaten.
I make appointments and cancel at the last minute because I have forgotten to arrange a babysitter.
I offer to make someone dinner and forget
to make dinner for my own family in the process.
If there is one thing that my children have learned from their mother it is that no one is perfect.
(Except if you consider my being a perfect example of a seriously flawed person) I have no excuses, just a lot going on.
My current train of thought tells a woeful tale...

Braces tomorrow. Hockey pictures tonight. Piano after school. Scouts. Cupcakes to kindergarten. Birthday party on Friday. Dollar store promises and nerf gun wars before bed. Gotta get that bag of stuff to goodwill. Lego ships, vanilla milkshakes, muddy boots in the doorway and half a granola bar stuffed into the couch cushion. Don't forget to put gas in the car. Marble runs made out of vaccuum tubes and goldfish soup. I want potato soup for dinner. Strep throat, pink eye, (wipe those) runny noses and ear infections. I am so excited that American Idol is back on. That one guy really meant it when he sang "Don't wanna be all by myself (unfortunately, his singing could allow him no other options)" Bake sale this weekend. Libraries make me feel guilty. Video games, battleship, indoor rollerblading, and plastic dinosaurs with homemade cookies stuffed into their toothy faces. Toothy faces...braces tomorrow...pictures....haircuts, nail trimming and clean underwear. That one needs new underwear. His are too tight, as is evidenced by the veins bulging in his neck. Angel hair is really sticky. This boy is an angel. Angels don't have noodle hair- That's dumb. If I were an angel, I would be bald.
So, if I completely ignore you or never return your call, or cut you off on the street or cut in line at the store, be aware. The workings of pure genius are occurring right before your eyes!

4 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

you had me at "vanilla milkshake."

Leah said...

I just forgot what I was gonna say.

Koch Clan said...

Wow, life is busy for you guys. It has actually helped that my school is 4 days a week from 6:30-9:15. That pretty much rules out night activities with my kids plus they go to be pretty early. I am already planning for summer though. Golf, swimming lessons, baseball, dance class. I think I would rather be in school!

Rob and Lori said...

You guys are FUNNY! Does your baby have red hair? Is Leah a Jensen? She is funny. Even if it isn't Leah...she's funny.