Monday, November 17, 2008

This is a picture of the boys and our friends J and Sarah's little boy Jax. He is so cute. I have to laugh because he is an only child and he was probably terrified by our insane bunch. Look how he stares.

Here is the current update for the boys.
Isaac tried to convince Corbin that spinich was actually bacon to avail.
I love him for trying.
He somehow tricked his cousin Matt into buying him some drum sticks.
These dang sticks
are making my life very difficult.
Everyone argues over who they belong to. I say they belong with the drum set that everyone shares. Isaac likes to show me everyday that the drumsticks can be used on anything, and are therefore, not just for use with the set. WE mean anything. No wonder when I purchased the drum set at the garage sale for three bucks, there were no sticks included.
They were surely burned.

Jackson came home from preschool today totally stoked because he had actually dug all the way to the bottom of the sandbox!
(This has been an ongoing attempt for quite some time)

If I had to assign a personality trait to Jackson right now it would be the hoarder. He has been asking if he can keep random things, like junk mail, and sneaking off to hide them behind the piano.
I hope he doesn't try to steal my identity.
Everytime I try to shred junkmail with the paper shredder, he starts to cry because he says he "loves the mail".
It is so wierd.

Corbin is going through a seriously strange phase. He will ask a question like-
"What is this guy's name?"
me-" It's Harry, from Harry and the Henderson's"
him-" No! It's a monkey man big foot"
me-" Yeah, but his name is Harry"
him-" NO, noooooo!"
me, not willing to argue over so trivial a matter," Ok, honey, his name is monkey man big foot"
him-" no. His name is Haaarrryyy. ( like-duh mom, everyone knows that's his name. Get with it)."

This conversation makes up our current relationship. Any question can fit the mold. Where is daddy? Am I a big boy? Is this a giraffe?
Why are your eyebrows mad?

Brody is no longer sleeping through the night.
Let's all take a moment to mourn for Kristine.

5 comments:

Emily said...

1. Dom got a pretend drum w/plastic drumsticks last Christmas...the drumsticks have been thrown away and dug out of the trash at least a dozen times...

2. Dom thinks Jackson's digging abilities are nearly as cool as Jackson thinks they are...must be a boy thing?!

3. I thought it was just me who had these kind of conversations with my kids...thank goodness you do too.

4. I feel for you...at least you can nurse your's back to sleep. My 4 yr old doesn't want to sleep through the night anymore! (I have finally had to treaten with bodily harm if he wakes me up again to tell me he has to pee!)

Koch Clan said...

That is the funniest post ever! I don't allow drumsticks in the house. Mostly because they would just hit each other with them. Not random objects. But I do allow them to open up umbrellas in the house despite the bad luck and they poke each other with them. Which is worse? I love the hoader. He and my husband would have a lot in common. And Corbin cracks me up. And poor poor kristine. NO sleeping through the nights. That stinks. That is about all I can say because really there isn't anything you can do about it right?

mumovearls said...

You are my best-est friend Ever! This post is the reason you and I are forever soul mates... I love you!
ps What are you guys doing after Thanksgiving?

Jules said...

you've got to love the constant creativity of these kids. My VT lesson was taken from Monson's GC address titled, "Finding Joy in the Journey." It seems to fit.

Frank, Sheryl, Shelby, Hailey & Sampson Gomez said...

I will mourn with you because I know what that is like! Sampson has decided to go to feedings every two hours even though he is a tank and I know could make it 3-4 hours. I know this because during the day he sometimes goes 5 hours without the breast.