Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thanksgiving

I made my first unassisted turkey!  It tasted great!  I didn't call anyone crying like a freaked out baby!  Yup.  I got this.  It was delicious.  Let's be honest, did we expect anything less?  Didn't think so.

We had a great day.  David's sis. Cheryl came with two of her girls, David's nephew, Matt and a couple of his friends, and of course, Grandma.  It was so nice that we could fit everyone at the table.  I tried a few new recipes like Tenessee honey corn pudding and lemon chess pie.  Both were delicious!  We are stuffed and plan on eating left overs for a week.  Love me some Thanksgiving.

Matt's sister, Jennifer got engaged this week, so her parents JoAnn and Nels went to California to see her for the holiday.  Since we usually see them,we missed them very much.  My kids kept asking when they were going to arrive.  I had no answer they wanted to hear.  We can't wait to spend Christmas time with them.

I am so thankful that people were willing to go out of their way to come over and share the day with us. We loved every minute of it. I just wish they had taken more pie home.




These were the only pictures we captured.  Martha Stewart would be horrified by my lack of matching glassware.  Shove it, Martha.  I've managed to stay out of jail. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

No comments: