I baked three bundt cakes and 17 quick breads yesterday for a church function to be held the very same evening. If I ever see, smell, or slice another loaf in the next six months, it'll be too soon.
Isaac gently informed me this morning that I am a complete embarrassment. He is officially too old.
It's snowing. Winter is here. The snow boots line the closet floor. The muddy tracks have taken their toll already, and the drippy snow pants will arrive in only a matter of minutes.
Corbin wants tap dancing lessons, and I can't bring myself to go through with it. WORST PARENT EVER.
Jackson has discovered guitar hero-the video game, and plays that thing like no other.
On the other hand...
I have family coming for Thanksgiving this year! It should be fun-as long as I can convince my mother in law to take care of the giblets and turkey neck. Bleh.
Brody is a great lunch date.
We have a piano recital coming up next Monday for Jackson and Isaac.
The three older boys and their dad just happened to be in the right place at the right time and got three hours of ice time at the local ice rink with just them and one other dad and his kid. Corbin told his dad it was "the best day he ever had."
The quick bread extravaganza last night ended in nearly every loaf finding a stomach, and lots of suggestions that I "start a catering business"- to which I happily replied " no."
Jackson has discovered guitar hero-and plays it like no other with his father.
Isaac is attempting to put together a wish list on amazon for his mother for Christmas (How very considerate), Corbin goes on cleaning spurts "for fun", Jackson is getting the hang of the trombone and loves it-but only on an empty stomach ( the rule for all trumpet playing...apparently), Brody is a great little ice skater for his hockey team-and goes to great lengths to carefully put his tiny skates back in the box they came with after every practice. Who doesn't love a little OCD?
Monday, November 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment