Monday was parent -teacher conferences for three of my boys. I get kind of nervous about what the teachers will have to say, but this time around was fairly pleasant.
Isaac's conference was student led, meaning, he came to the school, and showed me a portfolio he put together showing his work in class. Overall, he is a pretty good student. His strengths are in math and science, and he does well with reading and writing, despite his struggles to capitalize proper nouns (!?). I humiliated him sufficiently when I stuck my hand up in the air and declared this a "HIGH FIVE" moment. Needless to say, the boy left me hanging. Hahaha. I'll be planning my revenge. I threaten to climb on the school bus and ask if he has clean underwear on, but he's not buying it. We'll see about that Isaac, we'll see.
Jackson is doing well in school. He is really good and writing pages and pages ( I'm so proud!) and really grasps math with ease. His teacher calls him angelic. Her only real concern....he refuses to tie his shoes. The thumping laces all over the room are going to do her in. I assured her I would do my best to get him to tie them in a way that will not make him cry.
Corbin is doing great! He has struggled this year with the whole reading thing, and his teacher explained the it has all "finally clicked". This is such good news! I worry about these guys. Sometimes they take a bit to figure stuff out, that's all.
According to Brody's teachers, he's a thirty year old in a three year old's body. Yup--and a talkative one, at that.
Wednesday, April 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment