The only one frowning in this picture is behind the camera.
I am attempting to keep the boys in the mood for Christmas (as if it was difficult)this next week. In preparation for all their new found time off, I made a gingerbread house for them to decorate and assemble. I made a template to measure the sides and roof pieces. I even made a little pattern for the chimney. True to my nature, I decided it would be really cool to make the roof edges flare out, and use crushed candy to make windows all around the house.
I bought chocolate rocks and candy canes and even cut out bits of gingerbread to make a fence and perhaps a flower box below a few windows. I pressed the roof with cute little rounded tiles and waited for the perfect day to bring out the homemade kit and see my children bring the thing to life.
This is where the joy of it all stops.
I broke a sweat as I watched my three year old cover up all the windows with globs and globs of frosting( in his underwear, of course)
This is where the joy of it all stops.
I broke a sweat as I watched my three year old cover up all the windows with globs and globs of frosting( in his underwear, of course)
I used profane language under my breath as I watched my five year old lick his fingers.
I started to get the shakes when I saw my seven year old forget to put a door on the front and worst of all, I nearly ripped my hair out as my ten year old attempted to repair a broken wall as quick as he could so he could return to his video game.
I started to get the shakes when I saw my seven year old forget to put a door on the front and worst of all, I nearly ripped my hair out as my ten year old attempted to repair a broken wall as quick as he could so he could return to his video game.
AAAARRRG.
Next year, I make my own. Maybe I should ask Santa for more motherly attributes.
Next year, I make my own. Maybe I should ask Santa for more motherly attributes.
No comments:
Post a Comment