Friday, December 9, 2011

The little things

Corbin plays this game at school called "squid". Here are the rules. You pull your arms in your shirt and coat, and swing the dangling sleeves around. Then, proceed to chase around your classmates and wack them with the sleeves. If you get wacked, you become a squid too. When all the children are infected, you start all over. Long live squid. He brings home lovely artworks like this. It makes my day to see them.



Brody is always hungry. He asks for something HEALTHY. If you give him options he doesn't agree with, he says they are not healthy enough. It gets old fast. He talks me ear off from sunrise to sunset. I say things like " Honey, I can't listen to you anymore. My ears are broken." He laughs and talks about it for hours. Also, since when does a carpet double at a blanket. There are always blankets available on the couches. Even in the summer. Why must they get under the carpet? I ask you.


Isaac has taken to nerf gun target practice with his brothers. basically, they stand still and he fills them full of bullets. Weee! He has dubbed himself the fairness enforcer. This can be good, or very bad. Mostly, it ends in yelling. Thinking about purchasing either earplugs, or a gag. Haven't decided.

Jackson can't get enough popcorn. He's an addict. He won't eat anything else, really, so at least it isn't doritos. Brody talks about how much he loves Jackson all day long. When he gets home from school, Brody usually has a hug or something he wants to show Jackson. Jackson is super sweet about it. He has a quick head for computing numbers. I am so glad I have David to help with math homework.

David and I are both sick with a nasty flu/cold that seems like it's going away, and the next morning it's baaaaaaack! Eck. Doctor visits are in order.

And finally, the most important thing you will read all day :
I have no idea what to get my husband for Christmas. I am a terrible present buyer.
Suggestions?

2 comments:

Rob and Lori said...

Apparently we are all terrible present buyers for our husbands. Is it too late to say we bore their children. Yeah, it's probably been overused.

*CoUrTnEy* said...

your blog is definitely going to be my new fave to read! LOVE it! You're too funny and I catch myself laughing out loud, highlight of my night! =)