Current Drama:
My three year old is in LOVE with the neighbors two houses up the street. They are in his defense, a pretty spectacular family. The father is a retired-nfl/superbowl winning player for the Chargers who now coaches for the Vandals ( tight end? This is me, writing here). The mother is ridiculously nice and attractive-whose personality makes everything fun. The five children are adorable, well mannered, athletic and funny.
The youngest is two and Brody insists that he loves the kid. Heck, I love the kid. Anyway, my boy will go outside to "play in the yard" when -Lo! and BEHOLD! I get a text from my galpal up the street asking if I realize my child is rummaging around in her garage. Ooof. She of course says she loves the kid, and while this may be so, I do not recall ever feeling like I would be happy to have random children from the neighborhood climbing into my golf cart ( if I even had one) and insisting I need a ride around the neighborhood.
Maybe I'm wrong.
Not only does my child show up there, uninvited, whenever we see each other he pulls out all the stops to get his brutish body past her threshold and into the wonderland that is
"The neighbor's house".
If by chance he is manipulative enough to get in ( they are, after all, complete dears) my other children start bombarding me, teary eyed, about why they can't go over there and be at the house of wonders with their little brother. The whole thing is out of control. I wake up in a sweat over our being horrid neighbors and their snazzy child-sized atv being stolen by my own pilfering darlings.
Even now I feel the frustration bubbling up my throat.
Guess how I convinced Brody to take his nap today? Bribery. Take, yet, another guess at what I promised to do if he took a real live nap.
Hint: it involves a tiny ATV.
( I guess this means impressing them with my own perfect family is out, eh?)
My three year old is in LOVE with the neighbors two houses up the street. They are in his defense, a pretty spectacular family. The father is a retired-nfl/superbowl winning player for the Chargers who now coaches for the Vandals ( tight end? This is me, writing here). The mother is ridiculously nice and attractive-whose personality makes everything fun. The five children are adorable, well mannered, athletic and funny.
The youngest is two and Brody insists that he loves the kid. Heck, I love the kid. Anyway, my boy will go outside to "play in the yard" when -Lo! and BEHOLD! I get a text from my galpal up the street asking if I realize my child is rummaging around in her garage. Ooof. She of course says she loves the kid, and while this may be so, I do not recall ever feeling like I would be happy to have random children from the neighborhood climbing into my golf cart ( if I even had one) and insisting I need a ride around the neighborhood.
Maybe I'm wrong.
Not only does my child show up there, uninvited, whenever we see each other he pulls out all the stops to get his brutish body past her threshold and into the wonderland that is
"The neighbor's house".
If by chance he is manipulative enough to get in ( they are, after all, complete dears) my other children start bombarding me, teary eyed, about why they can't go over there and be at the house of wonders with their little brother. The whole thing is out of control. I wake up in a sweat over our being horrid neighbors and their snazzy child-sized atv being stolen by my own pilfering darlings.
Even now I feel the frustration bubbling up my throat.
Guess how I convinced Brody to take his nap today? Bribery. Take, yet, another guess at what I promised to do if he took a real live nap.
Hint: it involves a tiny ATV.
( I guess this means impressing them with my own perfect family is out, eh?)
4 comments:
You're a better soul than I. This kind of thing would make me lose it. Thank goodness we have a fenced backyard or my kids would never see the light of day. Heck, I hover even then!
my kids do stuff like this all the time. to the point that i feel like my house must suck, because they're always so anxious to go to someone else's.
pretty sure the P family's house was on the list of desired alternate dwellings while we were there as well. and since our last visit, yours has been added to the list too. maybe we should just swich kids, then they call all see how truly miserable everyone else's houses are, and appreciate their own a little more.
Leah-If I had a pool, I would be exactly the same. I hold my breath the minute they step near water. Andrea-I am all about this trade. I promise that if you make mine miss me, I will do the same for yours.
I don't even know who that family is, but I wanna go there too. I don't blame Brody at all. Do you think the neighbor lady would be as nice if she were to see a chubby 33 yr old woman climbing around on her golf cart? I think I might get arrested. :/
Post a Comment