Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Silverwood



We took the boys to Silverwood-a small amusement park a few hours north of here.
Being the incredibly smart and experienced parents we are,
we brought along two teenage girls to do our bidding.

High fives all around.


We had so much fun. A special note for next year though...don't force Isaac to ride the corkscrew. Just don't.
best part of the day? The bumper cars. Isaac, Corbin and Jackson waited for-ev-er to do it. when they finally got to go, there were these water guns you pay a quarter to,
and you spray the bumper car drivers.

I waited there to snap some pictures and there was this old dude
with a big 'ol bag of quarters
and a huge grin on his face.
He sprayed my boys without mercy. In laughter, I told him,
"Hey-that's my baby you're dousing!"
to which he replied,
" I don't care! I've been saving my money and this is the best part of my whole day!"
Well, thanks man. You and your bag of quarters did this to my children.
You can tell they are wet because they won't lay their arms flat at their sides. Why do they do that? Corbin also has a special "wet" walk. It sort of reminds me of a wet cat.
Very entertaining.

We hit the water park portion of silverwood too. The big boys went on a ride called the "toilet bowl" ( woopee!) while I remained sanitary with the other two in the wave pool.
I saw waaaay too many ladies in their fourties with strings on, obese children with strings on, and shots of cleavage. It's a good thing my kids are young.
Dress code anynone? Honestly.
We had fun despite the overdose of skin. I love to hear those kids laugh.
Corbin and Brody were so sweet to one another on the slower paced rides. Angelic, aren't they?

The old ones were good sports and hopped on a few just for the sake of a good picture. Who knew? Grateful kids will say yes on occasion?
All in all, success.



No comments: