Where has the time gone? A month has passed since I enlightened you with my fantastic life. Hang in there. Here goes.
Updates on summer activities:
Three camping trips (( This is the only thing I have pictures of, so that should explain why my kids are just plain dirty and homeless looking) also, sometimes the blog won't let me move my pictures around, so they stay where they stay without rhyme or reason))
One library visit
fifteen days at the pool
Many, many evenings of baseball/t-ball
two grandmother visits
One farewell to my dear sister and her family
two water fights in the yard
three days of park play
three movies in the theater
Countless hours of friends over
two weeks of swim lessons
One harry potter marathon day
one batch of peanut butter playdough formed and eaten
Four boxes of otter pops eaten
Two visits from cousin Rebecca
One big sleepover party at Aunt Cheryl's house
One concert at the Fox
One attendance at the planetarium
Moving on...
The boys are all doing well. Brody is as stubborn as independent little three year olds come. He wants to do everything himself, except clean up the mess that the independence creates. Poo. He thinks its funny to sit on people, but refuses to be sat upon in return. He eats nearly everything in sight. He often has to be reminded that he just consumed a huge... (fill in the blank). He usually responds with a" oh, that was only a tiny, tiny yitto one. I need a tiny more of food."
He is, on the other hand, very helpful when it comes to housework. He is obsessed with cleaning. Vacuuming, mopping, dusting, and what ever else he can get his little hands on. It is quite entertaining. He has enjoyed swimming this summer and may be our best three year old swimmer yet. He is well on his way, and loves every minute of it. He is so easy to please.
Corbin continues to entertain us with his quirky personality. He gets a crazy look in his eye and spouts out complete madness from time to time, and we are all on the edge of our seats to hear what comes out. He had a bit of a tiff with his best buddy next door recently. Best buddie's mother and I spoke and she suggested the two take a break. Mortified that I gave birth to a bully,I didn't blame her. It was nearly all Corbin's fault. He lost his temper. He is currently learning how to treat people with care as he spends a little more time without friends over than he would prefer. Lucky for him he has three brothers, so it isn't the end of the world. I like to think he isn't mean, exactly, just very selective. Maybe I'm just biased. He starts kindergarten in the fall and can't wait. He has a fierce ramen noodle addiction. I try to force moderation, but when he actually does get it, he thinks he's in heaven. He loves to snuggle with me and I can't help but squeeze the tar outta that little love.
Jackson is filling out. My scrawny second born is getting a little meat on his bones! I'm just hoping it isn't the new daily dose of steroids to prevent asthma attacks he's been taking. Poor kid, or lucky, however you want to look at it. He has really enjoyed himself this summer chasing around with kids at baseball games while his brother plays, and playing t ball himself. He actually needs to be in regular baseball, if you ask me. Just saying. Anyhoo, this boy has the craziest laugh of anyone I know. We recently found out that he is lactose intolerant. It has done wonders for his energy levels. Before we switched things up for him, he was always complaining about his stomach hurting. Maybe that's why he's grown as well. Either way, good news. He still pinches pennies like no one's business, not to mention toys and candy as well. I worry I may have a future hoarder on my hands. Advice on that one anyone? Aside from this, he's just a good kid. David takes him golfing and he just obeys. His cousin takes him to a concert, and he just wants to be considerate. Today when I unloaded all the groceries from the car as all the boys wrestled in the living room, Jackson was the only one that came over and offered to help. Sweet kid.
Isaac is growing up too. He always has a funny remark to throw out, and looks around for a reaction. He's very animated, so it's hard not to enjoy his stories. He's good to help with his brothers and shows greater responsibility every day. He's always dying to earn money, so he's got big plans. His current interest is bargain hunting online. For example, he decided it would be fun to purchase an inflatable boat. He searched all day and found his favorite. When he finally bought it, he kept searching and found a better deal. Sadly, he's been banging his head on the wall all day about the stinky five dollars he could have saved. I am almost willing to pay the kid five bucks to let it go. Don't tell. He in nothing if not tenacious. Anyway, we are expecting a boat any day now. At the store today he informed the clerk that he had a boat. Haha. The clerk assumed he meant like a real boat with a motor. I had to chuckle when I explained that it was merely an inflatable one. Silly boy. Anyway, he is my buddy, and I love having him around.
All in all, life is good. We stay busy, that's for sure. David is working hard and has become quite the conscious eater. He has managed to work his way back to the weight he was when we were dating. Crazy! I had to buy him all new clothes because my girlfriends kept asking my why his clothing was falling off. The nerve...
1 comment:
i want to see dave look like the guy in the picture at the top of the stairs.
Post a Comment