Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentimes Day


Every year, I make these dang, I mean delicate and scrumptious cookies for my family. Every year I eat most of them, then fall asleep on the couch from the sugar low. Happy Valentine's Day people.

On the plus side, I am surrounded by hilarious kids and husband who make life entertaining. I am so happy to have endearing little stories to enjoy for years to come. Currently, they are as follows
Corbin is going through a "mustache" phase.He even drew us this exquisite "Mustache Dude".

Brody loves to dance. He has some serious rhythm, and he knows it. He is also obsessed with sweeping. Recently, he took some peanuts out of the pantry, crushed them with a potato smasher, and swept them into a spoon with my pastry brush, and threw them away. SO Resourceful, right? (Yes, this is me pretending to look at the positive)

Jackson has taken to laughing all through church. He giggles at something, small and it escalates every time. -We are all going to hell. Please excuse my language. ( The road to said place starts with bad language, doesn't it?) Since I have no picture of the evil brute, I will show one of the Valentine he has been hiding in his underwear drawer for a week in order to give it to his parents on the right day. This should get him through heaven's gate for sure.

Isaac made a lovely pretzel boy the other day, and all his brothers followed suit. There are many things I am not excited to see them imitate, but this was acceptable. Actually, his was Abraham Lincoln with a fancy top hat, but it was consumed within moments of leaving the oven. (Have I mentioned the boy is starting to eat?) Here are a few of the results. Very creative, no?

Finally, I was slicing a loaf of bread, and this is what I saw. Take that, Mother Theresa potato chip!! ( It's a smiley face in case you are BLIND!)

Oh, and I still completely love my husband. He makes me laugh, especially when I put my arm around him at church and he quotes the office, suggesting pda's are prohibited. We attended church last Sunday in the same place where we met. I was fortunate enough to leave my children behind with a friend. It was like old times. It's hared to believe it was fourteen years ago this month that we got engaged. It's also hard to believe how incredibly hot we both still are. Maybe even better lookin'. The years have been good to us. I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

Leah said...

Good entertainment, this post. Makes me want to sit around at your house again and make fun of you all, offering no help whatsoever. Those were the days.