Monday, January 31, 2011

My super abilities




When my first child was born, I was convinced the nurses were crazy to let me take him home. As I slowly learned the ropes of parenting ( which I am obviously doing so well!!) I realized the one thing that has gotten me through the majority of parenting issues is my talent for seeing the future. Like this picture, for example. You may be thinking " Wow. That thing is stretchy." My amazing super power gives me the ability to say " someone's gonna get a black eye."
And this picture of Corbin playing with a plastic lid. You may say " Funny little boy". I say
" I see a bloody tongue".
You see these two boys smiling. I see a dented wall from all the matchbox cars they are about to shoot out that lovely ring.

You may see this bag of sticky fingers that David flew in for me from Raleigh, but I see...two pounds on the scale.
You may see this precious dinosaur that my friend Sheryl made for Corbin out of playdough. I see a month of high expectations whenever the playdough comes out.
You see brothers playing with a dump truck. I see two knees bruised by an open dishwasher.
I know. You are asking yourself " How did this amazing woman develop such an amazing ability to read the future?" I just did it again. I'm thinking I need to run away and join the circus. Oh wait. I already belong to one.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Impressive powers, sister. Impressive.

the wrath of khandrea said...

it ought to be a requirement to have a license to be this funny. like a permit. people who try to be funny but are not, really annoy me. if i could ask right off the bat, "hey, can i see your funny-girl license?" it would save me from having to deal with people who aren't at all funny.

not only would you have a license, you could be on the board of executors, issuing licenses to others.

~The Brown Family~ said...

Wow everything u said I agreed with. Haha
You are so funny and so true.
I believe you should write a book( I know I've said this before. Oh the stories you could tell!!!! And everything is a
Reality. I love it. Reminds me of my wacky house ;))) take care
Girl!