Bear with me, a lot has been going on around here, and I don't want to miss any of it. Last Sunday, our sweet
Aunt Rachelle and Uncle Terry
dropped by to visit. We love them.
Our kids feel the same way.
Here is a big reason for the love...
The kids wore poor Terry out begging "again" and "me too" more than any one man should have to hear. He was a good sport. A couple of those tosses made my stomach turn.
Next,
David and some of his friends from high school got to take a men's weekend to fly fish in Montana. Scott Rice, on the left has
five children under five.
I dare say, he deserved this trip more than anyone ever could.
Josh Robbins is in the middle and David on the right.
They came home dirty and happy.



I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree because, as I contemplate their great time, I am reminded of my own little men at home.

As we reach the end of our busy summer, I have taken a little time to slowly inspect the physical being of my children. Aside from smelling a little off, their personal hygiene leave something to be desired. What kind of mother lets her kids' toe nails and fingernails grow long enough to collect a yardfull of dirt? Who in their right mind would allow their children to go an entire summer without flossing the precious angels' teeth? And how could said mother possibly tolerate sock fuzz between the toes of her scabbed up, bandaid stickum ridden, bug farming, snot encrusted, bruise harboring, sweat salted boys? Easy.
Lean in closely, and I will tell you.
She lives in denial and hopes no one takes too close of a look.
Besides, the dirtier they are, the more
evidence
there is that they have enjoyed themselves, right?
Here are a few pictures of how they have been keeping themselves busy on the hot summer days... playing with buds
hiding out in the crawl space ( Isaac insists on stringing extension cords down there...ug)

Trashing the garage...again and again.

playing with legos and forcing mom to leave them on "display" for days on end, playing in the field next door, and using household items, such as curtains, for something other than what they are meant.


dropped by to visit. We love them.
Our kids feel the same way.
Next,
David and some of his friends from high school got to take a men's weekend to fly fish in Montana. Scott Rice, on the left has
five children under five.
I dare say, he deserved this trip more than anyone ever could.
Josh Robbins is in the middle and David on the right.
They came home dirty and happy.
I guess the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree because, as I contemplate their great time, I am reminded of my own little men at home.
As we reach the end of our busy summer, I have taken a little time to slowly inspect the physical being of my children. Aside from smelling a little off, their personal hygiene leave something to be desired. What kind of mother lets her kids' toe nails and fingernails grow long enough to collect a yardfull of dirt? Who in their right mind would allow their children to go an entire summer without flossing the precious angels' teeth? And how could said mother possibly tolerate sock fuzz between the toes of her scabbed up, bandaid stickum ridden, bug farming, snot encrusted, bruise harboring, sweat salted boys? Easy.
Lean in closely, and I will tell you.
She lives in denial and hopes no one takes too close of a look.
Besides, the dirtier they are, the more
evidence
there is that they have enjoyed themselves, right?
Here are a few pictures of how they have been keeping themselves busy on the hot summer days... playing with buds
Trashing the garage...again and again.
1 comment:
i feel eager to have more children now. the look on your face says, "this is the life of my DREAMS!" motherhood truly is for the clinically insane. at least you have brody's belly button to console your frenzied mind.
Post a Comment