Saturday, June 6, 2009

" You must be insane to camp with all those boys". Yup.





For Brody's first birthday, we went camping with three other families we really enjoy. They are a nice mix of kids my kids' ages, teen girls who like my kids, and parents who can relate to life with young ones. It was nice to get away. I can't believe it has been a year since that little Brody was born. He made it to one, and I didn't even kill him. What a relief. We had a wonderful time. So much so that I barely took time to take pictures. The cake on the first birthday pics have yet to come, so you didn't miss that, at least.

Highlights from the trip are as follows...

On the good side:
*Brody slept all night without so much as a peep.
*Isaac's asthma was fine, despite the allergies of those around us.
* Jackson FINALLY discovered the joys of sharing. ( if you know Jackson, you
know this is beyond my wildest dreams).
*Corbin was without fits-and entertained all (At least no one complained about
him).
*Fishing was great. Isaac caught a fish ( as usual).


*The food was delicious. Chorizo con huevos en la manana . Muy bueno!!
*The best part: All the laundry from camping was done the same day we got
home. Can't beat that.

The little mishaps:
*Our truck broke down twenty minutes away from the place. The drive train
dropped out. Creepy.
*Corbin got a little lost. We found him, thank goodness.
*Jackson drove his bike off a hill.
*Isaac caught a fish and we forgot to bring it home ( no, it wasn't intentional;))
*Mom had to eat a lot of burned up smores made by her children and pretend to
love them. Gag.
*Dad only played half a game of cribbage.
* I forgot to throw out the cantalope rinds before we left.


Now for a fun game called WHO SAID THAT?

1) " He spit at me, so I spit at him.
Mom- " Did you feel bad about spitting back at him?
"No, I felt great. I like spitting at people when they spit at me. I like hitting back too"

2) "I shared with her mom, and it made her happy and you didn't even make me and I liked it!"

3) "I need you to wake up Bro-Bro so I can hug him."


4) " I just had to call a tow truck and it made me miss my dad"

5) "Why can't we just take the truck and get under it and fix it and make it go. It doesn't look that hard. Let me see."

6) "You could ride in the car with Frank if you would eat food and allowed your body to grow. Then you would be big enough to sit in a regular seat."

7) " I rode my bike off the side of a hill and now I have all colors of bruises. It's like a rainbow!"

8) "I want someone to play with and I want it to be a big girl, not a little boy."

9) "Mom, stop sleeping on that pile of diapers. How would you feel if I pulled off your arms? Well that is how I feel when you sleep on those diapers"

10) " Sitting in the front is boring. You guys just listen to talking on the radio too much."

11) "PPPBBT. BLAH blah ma glah."

12) "I found the perfect marshmallow stick. You can put ten marshmallows on it and it has a handle like a gun."

13) "Mom! I caught a fish. Can we eat it?"

14) "I know we are supposed to make good memories here, but they are just so frustrating sometimes!"

15) "Eating buggars scares other people away from us. You should stop."

16) "Can I help?"

17) " I can't go to the bathroom alone. I might fall in the poo poo pool and get poopy. I don't like to be poopy because I'm a big boy now, mom."

18) " Yeah. My mom feeds me marshmallows and chips everyday."

19) " Check out my robot dance."

20) "Mom!Why don't you just put that whole bag of garbage on the fire. Let's watch it burn!"

21) "Can you put me to bed?"

BIrthday pictues coming next post, I promise:)

6 comments:

Maria said...

That sounds like a fun trip. I can't wait for Regan to get out of school so we can do the camping/hiking thing. In related news, I took our truck in for an oil change Friday and to check a squeeking noise. Our mechanic told us he couldn't believe our drive train hadn't fallen out yet because of the U-Joint something something, something...

ashley said...

haa!! this post was hilarious. you must be who said, # 11, 21!!!

Leah said...

i have sources that tell me you said ALL of those quotes. medical fact.

the wrath of khandrea said...

these quotes are the best part of being a parent. i had a running list of quotes and stories way back before there was blogging, and my computer crashed and i lost all of them. i have such a horrible memory, that i can't recall a single one, and now the only thing i remember about my kids' early years is how whiny and annoying they were.

shoot.

Emily said...

I must say that my favorite is Corbin's statement about spitting.

We had a good time camping and are thanking goodness we had electricity and a heater on Saturday night...you guys sure missed out on the rain and storm! :P

Jules said...

Funny, funny, funny! I love those boys!

and at least the drive train fell out instead of being stolen by some punk felon who should've been "jailin'".