My dad taught me to bowl. He was by my side when I got a turkey! ( That is four strikes in a row, for those of you who aren't so lucky) He drove me to early morning seminary when I didn't appreciate it. He ate my leftovers at restaurants for years because my eyes were always bigger than my stomach. Because of him, I married a good man. He always had a stash of licorice in his glove compartment to share. He made me laugh when he jack-knifed off the diving board everytime he swam. He told me funny stories and taught me to love old movies and Bob Hope. He never complains. He has a special hat for the bird cages at the zoo because he always, always gets pooped on. He has a twinkle in his eye. I love him.
The proof is in the pudding. See for yourself.

When I was growing up, my dad always put up with all the silly antics of the ladies that surrounded him. (with a smile).

My dad is amazingly healthy. His father, as seen here, is still kickin' at a very ripe age. I was blessed to be born with some of those healthy genes...so thanks dad!

My dad is very handsome. Ask my mom.

My dad knows how to have a good time. He spent many a day playing with me, my kids, and my siblings.

He's a really good dentist.

He always passes out the christmas presents with fairness and precision.

My dad is good to the ladies in his life.

He is always happy to stick a kid on his shoulders or take him by the hand to explain the details of life's mysteries.

Whenever he visits me he does something nice, like building shelves in my garage or playing with my kids so I can have a break.
He is a wonderful grandfather.

Once when He attended a daddy daughter event with me he complimented my smile. Why I still remember that, I don't know, but I do know that it makes me feel good.

3 comments:
okay, you win the better daughter award for the week. plus, you tracked his hair loss nicely! good ol' dad.
and i think three strikes warrents a turkey. so four should, in theory, be like...an ostrich.
Oh...I like your dad, too. Just a sweet man.
Post a Comment