Today, we experienced a hiccup in the ebb and flow of our wonderful lives. Isaac has recently learned how to download music onto an mp3 player. I am constantly warning him to check the lyrics before he downloads...or he will pay the price. As I walked up the stairs this afternoon, I overheard a choice word come blaring out of a device. Here is the scenario I laid before them.
If you are going to pick up a bunch of trash outside, would you check, perhaps to see if it was encrusted with something gross before you handled it...say something like poo?
Well, when you downloaded that song, without checking to see if the contents of the song were appropriate before you downloaded it, you basically got covered in poo.
Look before you touch, child!
They looked at me.
They looked at the mp3 player.
A sneer worked its way onto the faces of my angels.
The mp3 player was quickly discarded. Eyes turned to Isaac with disgust.
Isaac just looked at me with raised eyebrows. I'm covered in poo? What does that have to do with anything?
It occurs to me that I have been spending so much time with males that I have surpassed even their ability to turn everything into a bathroom joke. Nice work, Mom. Well played.
" Can I at least hove the mp3 player, now that no one else wants to touch it?"
"Nope."
Sunday, January 20, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment